team starting to take shape sortof

Started by chief007, June 17, 2013, 10:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief007

Goddard, heppell, duffield, hartlett, goodes, vlastuin (terlich, thurlow)

ablett, swan, pendlebury, watson, barlow, fyfe, j.selwood, o'meara, (jones, mitchell)

Cox, minson (nicholls, currie)

Martin, stokes, rockliff, macaffer, stevie j, j.kennedy,( staker, rowe)

Got 28 grand in the bank, am a bit unsure of what trades to do, my first thought was terlich to maby b.wilson from the eagles then o'meara/jones to k.jack, but am unsure about wilsons JS, or could go o'meara/jones to horvart if names then get jack in.

anyones thoughts would be great be random or whatever cheers

disco1992

I really like the second option if hrovat is named obviously other than that would you look at omeara to bartel or something? Solid team look to upgrade to Gibbs next week aswell I'm assuming?

chief007

Yeah Gibbs for a rookie Backman and maby caff for daniher all going well, need to do a downgrade this week first though

disco1992

Quote from: chief007 on June 18, 2013, 02:41:59 PM
Yeah Gibbs for a rookie Backman and maby caff for daniher all going well, need to do a downgrade this week first though
If staker is named then the option to get daniher early seems good as it wouldn't effect your round 13 bye structure as you will have 6 forwards still playing and omeara to jack will 8 premo mids +mitchell

chief007

Quote from: disco1992 on June 18, 2013, 03:28:38 PM
Quote from: chief007 on June 18, 2013, 02:41:59 PM
If staker is named then the option to get daniher early seems good as it wouldn't effect your round 13 bye structure as you will have 6 forwards still playing and omeara to jack will 8 premo mids +mitchell

Sorry those 2 trades were my plans for next week, so downgrade to a rookie somewhere this week and upgrade to jack, then next week get Gibbs and daniher

chief007

so went jones/o'meara to jack and horvat so my team ended up like this:

Goddard, heppell, duffield, hartlett, goodes, vlastuin (terlich, thurlow)

ablett, swan, pendlebury, watson, barlow, fyfe, j.selwood, Jack, (horvat, mitchell)

Martin, stokes, rockliff, macaffer, stevie j, j.kennedy,( staker, rowe)

Have gone vlastuin to gibbs that leaves me with 58k in the bank.

My next trade im a bit unsure on, barlow and stevie j are a bit of a issue, was planning on going caff to daniher but with stevie j out am of the thinking caff mite need to be held on to.

So my thoughts  are barlow to boyd, or caff to daniher, can take the punt on that and move cox up forward and play nicholls and holding barlow and stevie j. Im open to any suggestions at all, cheers and thanks.

rider

I like your thinking, it makes sense. Another option if you can afford it would be:

Vlaustin>Gibbs (move Terlich on and Goodes off as he is injured)
SJ>Bartel

Goddard, heppell, duffield, hartlett, terlich, Gibbs (goodes, thurlow)

ablett, swan, pendlebury, watson, T.Mitchel, fyfe, j.selwood, o'meara, (jones, Barlow)

cox, minson (nichols, currie)

Martin, stokes, rockliff, macaffer, Bartel , j.kennedy,( staker, rowe)

Then next week:
Goodes>Ibbots
Thurlow>Clisby

Following week:
Maccaffer>StevieJ

chief007

Quote from: rider on June 26, 2013, 12:28:34 PM
I like your thinking, it makes sense. Another option if you can afford it would be:

SJ>Bartel

ablett, swan, pendlebury, watson, T.Mitchel, fyfe, j.selwood, o'meara, (jones, Barlow)

Then next week:
Goodes>Ibbots
Thurlow>Clisby

Following week:
Maccaffer>StevieJ

Do u reckon it is wise to trade a bloke that is only out for 2 weeks than a bloke with a busted jaw who cld be out for a few more, freo are very quiet about it but blokes like Eddie betts and a few others have been out for a few with a jaw, with not a lot being said about it except he has a operation on it, it seems a but suss

rider

Don't disagree with your comments, i'd rather not trade either of them, as your team will be stronger in a couple of weeks with them. That said you need the cash if your to get more playing premos on the ground.

disco1992

Quote from: chief007 on June 26, 2013, 02:54:02 PM
Quote from: rider on June 26, 2013, 12:28:34 PM

SJ>Bartel

Then next week:
Goodes>Ibbots
Thurlow>Clisby

Following week:
Maccaffer>StevieJ

Do u reckon it is wise to trade a bloke that is only out for 2 weeks than a bloke with a busted jaw who cld be out for a few more, freo are very quiet about it but blokes like Eddie betts and a few others have been out for a few with a jaw, with not a lot being said about it except he has a operation on it, it seems a but suss
I'd tend to agree with rider, whilst barlow could be out for a while it doesn't seem like a large amount of time, I guess you could trade barlow instead of SJ if you like the idea of 100% knowing when SJ will be back where barlow is between 1-3weeks IMO.

Another thing about barlow is if freo really want to attack the flag this year they need to be top 2(home final) and if they lose this week vs geelong they will be 6 points behind geelong and may even fall out of the 4! so I doubt he will be out long as he is a key player in their gameplan!
If all goes to plan a team of

Goddard, heppell, duffield, hartlett, Ibbotson, Gibbs (Terlich, Clisby)

ablett, swan, pendlebury, watson, Barlow, fyfe, j.selwood, o'meara, (Mitchell, jones )

Martin, stokes, rockliff, Johnson, Bartel, j.kennedy,( staker, rowe)

with one trade left looks bloody good in a fortnight!!

chief007

Goddard, heppell, Hartlett, hartlett, terlich, gibbs (Clisby, staker)

ablett, swan, pendlebury,Mitchell, barlow, fyfe, j.selwood, Jack, (horvat, goodes)

Martin, stokes, rockliff, stevie j, bartel, j.kennedy,( macaffer, rowe)

With my first trade im going Hartlett to grimes at this stage gives me 107k left not sure on the next one can only think of terlich to enright other than that I'm stumped, not enough cash left to get the likes of Ryan o'keef in for goodes, maby a downgrade somewhere
Any thoughts on that il give em back cheers