Next Weeks Rookie Conundrum....

Started by colmullet, May 12, 2013, 11:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

Do you pick a guy on the bubble (Lonergan/Kennedy) or do you pick up a guy you havent yet but who has just banged out an impressive score.....(Daw/Vlastuin)......conundrum?

Colliwobblers

vlastuin looks to be a must even at a near 200k price he stands to score well, which is a must after the last few weeks of horror scores on the field from our defender rooks.

goodes coming back will help but starting goodes and vlastuin in defence will help more, and still make 150-200k from vlastuin even at the higher price.

i don't like to say i told everyone so but daw was always going to play this season and smash it. i'd still bring him in but as a player you will only need on the field during the byes no where near as relevant as getting in a defender (vlastuin) that you will play and rely on for scores.

ben kennedy will be a gun but unlikely to hold his spot, so again another one you wont be relying on for scoring just profit.

ball and beams will push blair and another fwd making spots in that fwd line very hard to win week in week out. they should be 2 weeks at most away, then didak might get a run? who knows

as much as we love wines he might be ready to go, not on performance but just on ability to rise further in price so finding a new mid rook or upgrading him has to be a real option for everyone this week, i will upgrade i think

Slashers

Kennedy NO. Lonergan LIKELY, see how he goes today.
Daw and Vlastrain are long gone. Daw has had 2 increases, so he'll be over $200k, and even though the Vlas has only had one, he was an expensive rookie to begin with, so he's now around $210k. Really had to pull the trigger on them last week.

colmullet

yeah seems like Vlastuin and Goodes as on field rookies down back for the next few weeks will be a good little point scoring/money making combo

roo boys!

Lonergan looks good, will watch with interest today.

Unfortunately I don't think Neade -> Longergan is possible for me? Unless someone can find a way I'm missing?

Mids: Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Cotch, Danger, O'Meara, Lucas, Jones (Viney, Crouch)

None of which MPP :( Neade stuck up forward. Doing Lucas -> Priddis I think but might have to settle on Kennedy for Neade rather than Longergan.

Jay

Lonergan a lock. Got him in this round for Wines, very happy is it allowed me to get Heath Shaw.

Not sure how much longer Bennedy has, may be a decent cash cow - who knows.

Jackson Thurlow as a cheaper option instead of >200k Vlastuin?

colmullet

yeah Lonergan looks like a lock in next week, just unsure if to jump on the Priddis bandwagon for wines or maybe to grab Vlastuin instead and look to upgrade the week after

Big Mac

Thought i'd add that Kerridge is on track for 120.

sammy123

traded kwrridge in 3 weeks ago. Regrtted it since. His huge 100 makes it better

poolboybob

Not really sure that Lonergan is as much of a no-brainer as he's being made out to be. I know he's got a big body and a good pedigree, but normally I like to see a guy having more of an impact. Only 9 possessions his first game and will end up around there for his second one.

sammy123

Quote from: poolboybob on May 12, 2013, 07:03:28 PM
Not really sure that Lonergan is as much of a no-brainer as he's being made out to be. I know he's got a big body and a good pedigree, but normally I like to see a guy having more of an impact. Only 9 possessions his first game and will end up around there for his second one.

think hes gunna need morr time

Wbdfan

Justin Clarke-lions anyone? 95 on the weekend

bottlemart

Will Seirakowski in this week for a port power rookie, stevenson out for me.

HotTiges

got to pisis off 2 of the 3 port rooks.. Stevo, Neade, Wines.. involves a downgrade and an upgrade