move of the season..

Started by bartyboys, May 13, 2013, 11:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartyboys

Will one of the big moves be deciding whether to pull the Pin on on hartlett. Struggles when given a hard opponent. To much time playing defensively? Can he be in the same side as robbie gray?

Holz

im sure he will post some massive scores, but so will birchall and birchall wont have many shockers like harteltt can. I just feel safer with bircahll in the sqaud or I could even bring in priddsi for HH and we know he will go 105+ and be super constitent.

HH is very likely out of my squad

Judd Magic

Hartletts the worst trade of the season for me.

Traded out Gibbs for him 2 weeks ago and he has been shower since.

Makes Dal Santo look like a superstar at handling the tag ansd that's saying something!  ::)

bartyboys

I had harlett from start, so hasnt been totally dissapointing.

Birch def on radar.  whether hartlet goes out for birch or just wait and bring birch in on a later upgrade. A few rounds in seems to be the go with priddis . worked out that way last year

poolboybob

I will play devil's advocate here. Hartlett averaged 91 and 92 points the last two years, and he's still growing as a player. The strong scores the last two years rule out that his performance early on was a Westhoff-like flash in the pan. So the issue seems to be whether (a) he will continue to cop the hard tag, and (b) he can adjust to the hard tag. In regards to the first question, if he keeps scoring poorly, is it possible that other teams will shift the hard tag to a more productive Port player?

If you told me that he'd average 90-95 ppg the rest of the year I'd take that and not even worry. My concern is that he'll cop the hard tag most week and keep posting scores around 50 or 60.

tbagrocks

There are people in Adelaide who think he's the best player at the club, Boak now challenging this but,

Two of those shockers he was injured (so still a problem) Also if he was concussed last week but allowed to play on (Bad doctors)
Then that could have affected him this week!

Excuses yes, but valid ones!

bartyboys

I agree with him being one of the best at port. His possesions and fantasy scoring has been high from the get go.  Injury ridden season and fewer games the following year we can forget that he has talent.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: poolboybob on May 13, 2013, 01:51:20 PM
If you told me that he'd average 90-95 ppg the rest of the year I'd take that and not even worry. My concern is that he'll cop the hard tag most week and keep posting scores around 50 or 60.

I wish he would get 50-60. 29 is a flowering disgrace