Downgrade options for Rd 8

Started by jamfrank, May 08, 2013, 04:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamfrank

Probably a bit early to be talking about next week's trades (who knows what will happen on the weekend), but anyway.

I've done two badly needed upgrades this week which has left me flat broke. SO next week I'm planning to do two downgrades of some fat juicy cash cows, probably one in the forward line and one in the midfield. There are only a handful of players who will be on the bubble after the weekend (if they're named), so who do you like out of....

Ben Kennedy
Jed Lamb
Jesse Lonergan (leaning towards him at the moment)
Jarryd Cachia

I'm probably looking to downgrade two out of Moloney, Dwyer, Whitfield, Neade or Mayes (probably not Mayes, just yet)

Toga

I'll probably be looking at doing one downgrade next week (think I'll jump on Lonergan this week due to needs) but he certainly looks the best of the bunch and probably has the best JS. Ben Kennedy will be a great DT player in the future but not sure about his chances of getting a full game atm, think his JS might be limited.

That being said, if he's named next week I reckon I might jump on! :)

jamfrank

Just looking at Lewis Jetta, dropped 100k in price and scored a 98 last week. Don't know what his BE is, but he could be a good downgrade option for Moloney?

Toga

Priced at 282K I think he is too pricey. Break even is 42 which is too high to make you much money at all I think.

If you were really inclined to go that way, Chris Knights is priced at 320K and has a BE of 8, has been scoring a lot better than Jetta and might make more money.

Sam Kerridge is another cheap downgrade option you could look at, priced at $156,000.

jamfrank

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2013, 04:16:42 PM
Priced at 282K I think he is too pricey. Break even is 42 which is too high to make you much money at all I think.

If you were really inclined to go that way, Chris Knights is priced at 320K and has a BE of 8, has been scoring a lot better than Jetta and might make more money.

Sam Kerridge is another cheap downgrade option you could look at, priced at $156,000.

Just had a look over Jetta's 2012 DT scores, and he is super inconsistent. Wouldn't be able to relax on the weekend with him in your team...

Kerridge is one I didn't think about, thanks!