Thinking ahead.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, May 06, 2013, 09:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMurphBROWNLOW

Next week, I plan on bringing in 2 of either Kennedy, Lamb and Lonergan (GCS). This means I can't afford to wait a week for another Priddis price drop and pick him up next week, so I am considering trading him in this week instead.

(barring surprise team selections) my concrete trade this week is Karnezis -> Thomas.
my second trade, will be Wines to either Priddis or Lonergan. so which one do I choose this week?

Matt Priddis
Benefits
Will score more points this week than if I field Evans/Lonergan.
Allows me to wait a week to see how Lonergan plays, and whether or not I should bring him in.

Negatives
Will cop the price drop (lose around 18k) and seeing as though he's not a premium keeper, that could hurt.

Jesse Lonergan
Benefits
Will not cop Priddis' price drop

Negatives
Don't get to see him play another game (bringing him in prematurely)
Will score less points than Priddis.

steve99

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 06, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
Next week, I plan on bringing in 2 of either Kennedy, Lamb and Lonergan (GCS). This means I can't afford to wait a week for another Priddis price drop and pick him up next week, so I am considering trading him in this week instead.

(barring surprise team selections) my concrete trade this week is Karnezis -> Thomas.
my second trade, will be Wines to either Priddis or Lonergan. so which one do I choose this week?

Matt Priddis
Benefits
Will score more points this week than if I field Evans/Lonergan.
Allows me to wait a week to see how Lonergan plays, and whether or not I should bring him in.

Negatives
Will cop the price drop (lose around 18k) and seeing as though he's not a premium keeper, that could hurt.

Jesse Lonergan
Benefits
Will not cop Priddis' price drop

Negatives
Don't get to see him play another game (bringing him in prematurely)
Will score less points than Priddis.

If your getting Priddis in regardless get him this week $18k is nothing if he scores 50 more points, plus I think he'll go close to his 127 BE against the Lions, 110 and he'll only drop about $7k.

TMurphBROWNLOW

yeahh I'm thinking with his record against the Lions he could go big! cheers bud!

callum111

Lonergan playing the dees might just rack up enough poll to end up with 90 odd points

Andrew

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 06, 2013, 09:39:05 PM
Next week, I plan on bringing in 2 of either Kennedy, Lamb and Lonergan (GCS).

Kennedy from Sydney? You can't seriously be thinking of trading him in? Just not DT material, look at Jack or O'Keefe if you want a Sydney mid.

Quote from: callum111 on May 06, 2013, 11:57:41 PM
Lonergan playing the dees might just rack up enough poll to end up with 90 odd points

Great point, he's an absolute lock, grab the downgrades while you can in my book.

Adamant

^ He's talking about Ben Kennedy from Collingwood. I don't think he'd put a Sydney 'semi-premium' into the same bracket as Lamb and Lonergan haha. :P

Andrew

Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2013, 12:31:41 AM
^ He's talking about Ben Kennedy from Collingwood. I don't think he'd put a Sydney 'semi-premium' into the same bracket as Lamb and Lonergan haha. :P

Ahhh I see :P Cheers, he did look good but I really don't think he's got enough JS to be considered.

Adamant

Quote from: Andrew on May 07, 2013, 12:41:47 AM
Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2013, 12:31:41 AM

Ahhh I see :P Cheers, he did look good but I really don't think he's got enough JS to be considered.

Yeah, JS is a massive concern. He'd be a lock for everyone at just about any other club though.

Who knows, if he manages 60+ this week and is named the following week, he might be a popular downgrade option. Hopefully. :P

TMurphBROWNLOW

yeah I was keen on Kennedy from the start of the season, been waiting for him to get a call up! scoring 27 from a quarter and a bit isn't half bad for a rookie! I just hope he retains his spot  :-\

the reason I've decided to choose Priddis over Lonergan this week (after more thought and consideration) is because Priddis is proven, and against Brisbane, he could go big! Lonergan may or may not smash the Dees this week, he hasn't proven himself completely at an AFL level :) but if he does, welcome to my squad next week Jesse!

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Adamant on May 07, 2013, 12:44:56 AM
Yeah, JS is a massive concern.

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 07, 2013, 01:30:35 AM
I just hope he retains his spot  :-\

Don't worry about Benny. He showed more in a quarter and a half than Dwyer and Krak did in a full game. If anyone in the forward/mids is getting the hoof it will be one of those two.

I didn't think much of his potential JS pre season but given the current situation he could well turn into a regular, performances permitting.

Andrew

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 07, 2013, 01:45:58 AM
Don't worry about Benny. He showed more in a quarter and a half than Dwyer and Krak did in a full game. If anyone in the forward/mids is getting the hoof it will be one of those two.

They will give Krak every chance though, he's a gun and a proven September performer. By late season he could be their perma-sub heading into the finals, a good candidate for it.