Mayes for Robinson - not such a bad idea after all...

Started by Discombobulated, April 24, 2013, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discombobulated

Given Robbo's uninspiring 65 point effort and his overall inability to recover from that knock in round one, I can only see him dropping further in price over the next three weeks.  Upcoming BEs against Adelaide, Melbourne, St Kilda and Port - 98, 115, 98, 83.  He's already dropped $56k and is forecast to drop another $51K at round 8.

I might (possibly) suffer a drop in points with Mayes instead of Robbo, and Voss might even find reason to hit Mayes with a vest - but I just can't see the benefit in persisting with Robbo when Mayes is such an obvious cash grab.  And a chance to outscore Robbo each of the next four rounds if he can avoid the vest.

Interested in your thoughts.

MGK1

Discombobulated

Nicko06

this is all probably my fault guys sorry, i picked him up last yr after his 140+ game and since then he has been shower..

MGK1

In all fairness he has runs on the board from past seasons and I'd back him in.

His projected scores are based off his averages this year and are well below what his actual output will be. The Blues are about to get on a streak of players lower sides so I'd keep him.

Discombobulated

Quote from: MGK1 on April 24, 2013, 03:29:51 PM
In all fairness he has runs on the board from past seasons and I'd back him in.

His projected scores are based off his averages this year and are well below what his actual output will be. The Blues are about to get on a streak of players lower sides so I'd keep him.

I appreciate your point and can see it - but I'm not all that worried about his projected scores.  My primary concern is the points leakage given his unlikelihood of exceeding upcoming BEs.

MGK1

I'm saying he has a better chance of passing the breakevens than not passing them..

Windigo

Ideally, I'd have ousted him before his first price fluctuation.

chaosAD

I'm outing Robbo and Vines/crouch for Evans and Stevie J.
Robbo has been disgraceful this year, he won't be in my final team! He's got the CHOP!

henry

I'm keeping him, still will be a top 10 forward I reckon and as I am regarding him as a keeper I'm not concerned with his price drops. Should hopefully have some good games coming up, and have more pressing issues to use my trades on. If your team has no other issues then sure would be a fine trade.