Main Menu

Best AFL moment since 2000

Started by 13Brummy, April 07, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ziplock on April 16, 2013, 09:23:09 PM
haha, good time to be a sydney fan :P

i cried after Sydney beat us in the '05 prelim. was watching with mates and was pretty blind, walked out of the shed and around the corner, sat on the curb and cried.. a guy came out of his house and was asking what was wrong, talked for a bit then my mates came running around the corner screaming "GO THE SWANNIES". i was flowerin shattered. mates still talk about it till this day. (they're not Swan supporters)

good for the AFL though, the grand final was something special

thought i'd share the story :P

My Chumps

I was at the 05 prelim! Carn the Swans!  :P

Haha, always interesting to hear the other side of it all Brad.

Bill Manspeaker

haha yeah, you would have been happy and screaming and hugging all your fellow fans.. and here i was crying on a curb and talking to some random guy outside his house. ahh footy :P

i was barracking for you guys the next week though, weirdly enough :P

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 09, 2013, 05:15:43 AM
for me one worth a mention is the famous Essendon comeback against North in 2001

im a north fan and that has to be the greatest game I have seen.

up 15.1 (91) to Essendon's 3.4 (22) a 1/3 of the way into the second quarter, the dons storm back to win 27.9 (171) to 25.9 (159). Best team performance I have seen.

The Jason McCartney match was pretty special, no suprise there.

watched the nick davis game pretty impressive, that second goal was clearly a free kick to gellong though ;)

Fireballz

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on April 16, 2013, 10:32:10 PM
watched the nick davis game pretty impressive, that second goal was clearly a free kick to gellong though ;)
It's a free kick using 2013 rules, not 2005 when AFL was good.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126