Main Menu

Early Fixture

Started by Cicjose, April 06, 2013, 06:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

well, gumby is constantly injured, so :P

valkorum

Quote from: Sid on April 10, 2013, 04:05:37 PM
David Myers (191cm) is probably a better matchup for Crowley. Heppell at 189cm is quite tall too. We'd have to be mad to try and play an extra tall at Subi though I think...If we were to though how comfortable would you be playing Johnson (190cm) on Gumbleton (197cm) or Hille (202cm)?

By the way Valk - is MJ going to get up this weekend?

MJ is 195cm not 190cm as you wrote so no problems on Gumby.  If Hille goes forward then Zac would take him and Johnson would switch to Hurley/Crameri

Mj should play

I matched Howlett and Crowley as they are the #1 tagger from each team.  Howlett is going to be undersized compared to his opponent on Friday where as Crowley wont be.

If I was going to match Heppel (189cm) it would be with Duffman (188cm) as they are both half backs who push up the ground.

AFEV

Quote from: valkorum on April 10, 2013, 05:22:38 PM
Quote from: Sid on April 10, 2013, 04:05:37 PM
David Myers (191cm) is probably a better matchup for Crowley. Heppell at 189cm is quite tall too. We'd have to be mad to try and play an extra tall at Subi though I think...If we were to though how comfortable would you be playing Johnson (190cm) on Gumbleton (197cm) or Hille (202cm)?

By the way Valk - is MJ going to get up this weekend?

MJ is 195cm not 190cm as you wrote so no problems on Gumby.  If Hille goes forward then Zac would take him and Johnson would switch to Hurley/Crameri

Mj should play

I matched Howlett and Crowley as they are the #1 tagger from each team.  Howlett is going to be undersized compared to his opponent on Friday where as Crowley wont be.

If I was going to match Heppel (189cm) it would be with Duffman (188cm) as they are both half backs who push up the ground.
Hocking is our main tagger, not Howlett. Albeit Hocking is undersized against Mundy (who I would predict he goes to) as well.
Also dunno if you noticed but Heppell is playing 100% mid now. Dempsey is our primary rebounding defender now.

My bad on MJ, for some reason thought I read 190 in your post. Will match up alright then.

Either way I think this game will be won in the middle.

Watson vs Mundy
Stanton vs. Barlow
Goddard vs. Fyfe
Zaharakis vs. Hill
Hocking vs. Crowley
Howlett vs. Pearce
Heppell vs. Mzungu
Dempsey vs. Duffield

Way too many damaging players for both teams for it to NOT decide the game I think. Both forward lines are potent enough to win the game if their mids are on top but perhaps not actually grab the game and win it if their team is down (ala Adelaide or Hawthorn).

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ziplock on April 10, 2013, 05:16:41 PM

is fit for this game so...

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 10, 2013, 09:29:30 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on April 10, 2013, 05:16:41 PM

is fit for the first quarter of this game so...

fixed.

valkorum

@sid   If Hocking is your tagger then why did Howlett go to Dangerzone and destroy him in round 1?

Cicjose

because howlett is a run with player not a tagger

AFEV

Quote from: valkorum on April 10, 2013, 11:43:15 PM
@sid   If Hocking is your tagger then why did Howlett go to Dangerzone and destroy him in round 1?
He didn't?
Hocking went to Dangerfield toward the end of the first quarter and after that Danger was rarely sighted. As is evidenced by this article.
QuoteHird said Heath Hocking's shutdown job on star Adelaide midfielder Patrick Dangerfield helped turn the match in Essendon's favour.

valkorum

My apologies, I thought it was Howlett that went to Dangerzone.  Hocking is 184cm and is undersized against anyone he will tag (except either D Pearce or S Hill)

AFEV

Quote from: valkorum on April 11, 2013, 09:56:37 AM
My apologies, I thought it was Howlett that went to Dangerzone.  Hocking is 184cm and is undersized against anyone he will tag (except either D Pearce or S Hill)
Haha I guess we're even now after my stuff up on MJ.
Yeah, hocking will be giving away 5cm+ on whoever he plays against, doubt he would go up against Hill or Pearce of those outside players because he usually targets inside mids because his leg speed in space is just not good enough to match guys like Hill.