Main Menu

Don't mean to jinx it but.......

Started by silloc, April 04, 2013, 01:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silloc

;D injury free list!!!!! so good

regardless of this years outcome, a decent run with minimal injuries will be amazing for everything.

>General competition between players for key positions/roles in the starting 22. Need to really determine who is in our starting 22, backline especially. Was sick of it last year and players getting games out of necessity, not form. Inclusion of blooded hungry mature-ages like kommer, bags, and van unen into our senior list will encourage this bench mark.

>Development: Browne, Davis, Kavanagh, Merret, O'Brien, plus 2012 draft crop. Gives them time to learn the game and demand selection when they are ready.

>Form: Hurley, Ryder, Myers, Hibberd, Pears, Dempsey, Winderlich, Gumbo, Zaharakis. Would like to see these players get near full seasons, for different reasons. 

>Trade bait: Goes without saying, if you have healthy players, you have good talented players not getting game.

Kommer -> davey and jetta (room for 2, want kommer to push one out. Dell'olio same category)
bag - hibberd - hardingham - winderlich - davis (room for 2-3, want one player to shut down small fwrds, probs bags)
O'brien -> Crameri
kav, merret, browne -> melk, myers, colyer  (improve or give younger ones games) 
Pears - Hooker - Carlisle - Van Unen (room for 2)
NLM - WANT HIM IN STARTING 22! but where
Also would like to see hardingham play up forward
Once daniher warrants selection, send paddy down half back for good
And myers will step up to next level

I realize this is all a statement rather than a topic, but i can't help it, I'm just so keen for this season and its potential  ;D

tl;dr Injury free list = top 4. plus general predictions/opinions

AFEV

Myers really should finish in the top 5 of our B&F this year. If he stays injury free and is put into positions where he can show off his assets...
Also, really hoping Gumby gets named to play against Melbourne. If ever there was a week to do it I'd say it's this week. Gumby can still make it I think, but really needs to make his mark soon. I still think he's a better forward than Hurley. :-X

Holz

While i tipped Essendon to finish top 8 and it woudl be good for my fantasy teams.

Just Not Watson or Goddard

silloc

Quote from: Sid on April 04, 2013, 12:11:35 PM
Myers really should finish in the top 5 of our B&F this year. If he stays injury free and is put into positions where he can show off his assets...
Also, really hoping Gumby gets named to play against Melbourne. If ever there was a week to do it I'd say it's this week. Gumby can still make it I think, but really needs to make his mark soon. I still think he's a better forward than Hurley. :-X

yeah i've learnt to kinda not get my hopes up for gumbeltown.

Always preferred hurley down back, but we need a forward. think there is structural issues in our forward line and/or they way we deliver it, we ranked 3 for inside 50's last year