The Murphy Conundrum

Started by zeddyzed, March 20, 2013, 09:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeddyzed

G'day guys, after being set on my team for over a week now, im beginning to question a few decisions so would like some honest feedback.

I had a mid of Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Deledio, Murphy with Maric/Luey in the Rucks and Cox in the FWDs. But im not sold on Luey and decided set and forget rucks is probably the way to go. So i changed R1/2 to Cox/Maric, downgraded Murphy to Moloney and Bartel takes Coxys place in the FWD line.

I hope this isnt too confusing, but i guess what im basically trying to decide on is-

Luey/Murphy vs Bartel/Moloney

My team looks more balanced this way and i have extra $$ to change Neade/Lee to Spangher, Lycett etc if need be.

But is 4 uber mids+Moloney enough firepower to start the season with? And what is a realistic average from Moloney, Im banking on him averaging between 85-95... am i dreaming? :P

Andrew

85 is realistic for Moloney, no more though. He's definitely worth starting with. Why not take a punt on a POD with your M4 position? Toby Brad Ebert, Greene, Fyfe, just someone a bit cheaper who might breakout this year to a 110+ average.

Jukes

Luey/Murphy vs Bartel/Moloney

80 and 104 vs 97 and 85

Would go with (a), but Swallow and Danger (107-111) well over Murphy

Pokerface

I think its a great move. Bartel has started the season well and i'm now looking how to squeeze him in. Maloney has shown he fits into that midfield. Compare with Luey with no preseason, and Murphy who has looked ordinary to date.