Forward prems giving me a headache

Started by quinny88, February 27, 2013, 04:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannebery2rohan

Quote from: bottlemart on March 11, 2013, 12:00:52 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 27, 2013, 04:33:51 PM
Due to Stevie J's suspension I was forced to put Buddy in at R1. He joins my other forward prems of Cox, Rocky and Martin.
Buddy is a gun.. but I dont really want to even start with him. He has a really tough start to the year and if the contract circus that surrounded Cloke last year has even a fraction of the affect on Buddy then it could get ugly. I would rather use him as an upgrade target as most Coaches seem to be but who to put in for him??

NicNat = Injured
Pav = injured, had no pre season
Ryder = Has form slumps that make any coach cringe
Roughead = Scores well as a ruckman but with Baily returning from injury he will spend less time there
Walker = Key forward and will have to see how he performs without Tippet
Chappy = Another year older, less mid time
Zorko = Unproven
Bartel = Unknown role and scoring potential
Cyril = Injured.. again
Waite = Injured more often than not
Stevie J = Suspended round 1
Daisy = Injured

Beyond that is a bunch of older players that are on the decline or key position forwards that only score well when they kick a bag. Or "potential" breakout players which I already have one in Dustin Martin.

I really am struggling to find who to put in. Can anyone give me a reason to pick someone else?
Hey quinny.  Of those in teh list above, I would go wit Taylor Walker.  This bloke has the potential to become elite, and he may be on the way.

If you wnat to free up some cash, go with Karnezis, or if you have already got him, go with Cornelius.  If Buddy starts slowly cos of his tough start, you should get a price rise from the 2 lions boys and can upgrade one or both to buddy after say about R7.

That's my plan.

I like Walker, but wasn't he suspended twice last year? Makes him hard to pick, because you know at some point, something innocuous is going to cost him a couple of weeks.

Pokerface

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 11, 2013, 11:45:29 AM
I'm putting this here because there was a few of us having a debate over buddy in this thread, just an interesting stat I pulled from Mike Sheahan's article on HS about Franklin:

"He booted 69.64 from 19 games last year, including 3.4 in the Grand Final. Remove the 13 he kicked in the picnic against North Melbourne in Launceston in Round 10 - OK, give him five, his next best return last year - and it's an average of just better than three a game"

Not saying he can't score well in SC, obviously he can, but the argument about his goal kicking ability just went out the window. Makes me wonder what he could get if he could kick straight! 200 average? :P

Sorry, in what universe can you say 'his 13 goals doesn't count for the average, we'll give him 5'.
He is a key forward. The best key forwards have these bags, and thats why they get picked. The 200+ score I got didn't ignore the other 8 goals he got that day.

I realise this is not your logic, it is Mike Sheehan's logic. An oxymoron right there.