Top Fwd Rooks

Started by Matt_352, March 10, 2013, 11:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your picks for Fwd rooks this year (select up to 3 options)

Daniher
Mayes
Macaffer
Rowe
Neade
Lee
Kennedy
Other (please specify)

Mr.Craig

If Spangher is named Round 1 I'll eat my hat.

mpollock

Hawks defenders:

Gibson, Lake, Birchall, Stratton, Shoemakers, Guerra, Burgoyne ... (suckling pre injury)

That is 7 that are clearly ahead of Spangher.

He would be fighting for a bench spot at best with several other guys like Cheney, Ellis and possible even Hodge when fit depending how they use him this year ... then there are guys like Shiels and Savage who are just trying to get a game anywhere so will happily play on a back flank as well ...

Only real chance he has of getting games is if they use Shoemakers forward which i can't see happening that often .. and the Hawks play a team with big forwards (like Geelong round 1) where they load up on bigger guys.

Ricochet

Really hoping Rowe is named round 1.
Lee looked ok on the weekend. If he had kicked straight he would have scored 74, which is not amazing but solid for a rookie.

antonc

Don't really like the forward rookies except for rookie priced caff. Probably go with a more premium looking forward line

essendon2

at the moment I've got Macaffer f6 - then Neade/Lee occupying the bench
is this too weak? I need some advice

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 01:33:23 PM
I have similar mate except I have Rowe on my bench. Don't think it will be too much of an issue.
Hoping they're all named round 1

pommyadam

Quote from: essendon2 on March 11, 2013, 01:33:23 PM

exactly what im going with right now
Rowe as R4, but in the team purely so i can swing Cox back if Leuey doesn't work out

antonc

Do you really need rowe with the 2 trades a week. You can just drop burger if he doesn't work out. Move cox forward and get yourself a forward rook/midpiricer on a low BE

Pokerface

Quote from: mpollock on March 11, 2013, 04:09:26 AM
Hawks defenders:

Gibson, Lake, Birchall, Stratton, Shoemakers, Guerra, Burgoyne ... (suckling pre injury)

That is 7 that are clearly ahead of Spangher.

He would be fighting for a bench spot at best with several other guys like Cheney, Ellis and possible even Hodge when fit depending how they use him this year ... then there are guys like Shiels and Savage who are just trying to get a game anywhere so will happily play on a back flank as well ...

Only real chance he has of getting games is if they use Shoemakers forward which i can't see happening that often .. and the Hawks play a team with big forwards (like Geelong round 1) where they load up on bigger guys.

On the weekend Adam Simpson said they are looking at the option of using Spangher in the swing-man role. It seemed as if Shoenmakers was being groomed for that.
I'd agree, those 7 you named are ahead of Spanger. However, Shoenmakers should not be ahead of anyone, except for maybe Zac Dawson.

mpollock

i agree with you @Pokerface on Shiemakers but Clarkson obviously loves him as he keeps making major mistakes and never seems to get dropped.

He is still young however so may improve ... he actually played well in the NAB cup to be fair.

Noz

Shoenmakers actually had a decent year last year, But he will never be seen as a "good" player because of the mistakes he made in the past.

Enjoy these stats

He was ranked 19th in 2012 for total clangers and collected 350 disposals for the year, 69 of his 350 disposals were clangers

Another key defender in Daniel Merrett collected 291 disposals and 74 of them were clangers

He was ranked 8th in one percents

He will improve dramatically this season.