Starting without GAJ for a league win the way to go?

Started by jeesh, March 10, 2013, 11:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeesh

I'm in a league where we've all chucked in $50 with $450 going to the GF winner and am considering starting without GAJ seeing league games don't start until round 3. By leaving him out I've managed to fit in 14 premiums 450k+ where as I could only manage 13 with GAJ in my side. Good strategy?

Ziplock

do up an excel spreadsheet with your two teams based on last years averages, one with GAJ  one without, and see which one averages more (including captain bonus).

You'll have to assume rookie averages (like rookie backs will average around 65-70, mids 80-90, rucks 60-70, forwards 70-75)

jeesh

Thanks for the input Grimlock but sounds like to much effort. Cause the first 2 rounds there are no league games I won't have an issue and the other thing will be my draw. If I happen to get some weaker opponents in the first few weeks and win those games I'll be fine just be if GAJ rips out some massive scores rounds 3,4,5 and I lose those games I might start to panic that I won't make the 8.

Ziplock

It really only takes a couple of minutes if you already have a team with/ without GAJ prepared.

tor01doc

Your priority then has to be to make finals.

Whether you can achieve this really depends upon the quality of your opposition.

There's no point ending the season like a runaway train if you don't reach finals.

Statistically, you will lose more than win if you don't have the game's most dominant player on your side , and that is because the captain's score counts twice.

You might save a few dollars by not getting him at his starting price, and that may allow you to get a slightly better M5, D3 or R2 or whatever (doesn't really matter) because an equivalent team with Ablett will beat you.

You will also use more trades because you have to get him in at some stage.