A different forward approach

Started by quinny88, March 04, 2013, 02:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

i know you have queries over key fwds, but i'm considering one, two or all of walker/nroo/hawkins.

fidou

Any thoughts on Kerridge, Neade and Lamb as forward rooks?

Mat0369

Lecras impressed me yesterday. Even though he is expensive, he kicks the ball so well, is accurate and can run through the middle.

quinny88

Lecras is class but he is a bit more expensive and I think he relies a little to heavily on kicking goals for a good score. Deffinitly considering though.
Definitely wont go with a key forward other than buddy. At the moment the front runners are still buddy an also zorko who I would like to hear more of his role. Going with a mid pricer and bulking up other areas may be my best option though

Mat0369

I have had Lecras in and out of my team along with JJ Kennedy. The way Lecras played has me thinking that he is too cheap to leave out even at that over inflated price. I know it is the NAB but for a team that struggled with disposal in that game, he was just pure class. He even started in the guts a few times matched up on Swan and one of his goals was deep in the forward line where he broke around as the ball was tapped to him and he snapped it through. It is a difficult decision because at his price you think you would have to keep him, but if he plays to the best of his ability there is no reason he should not be a keeper.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 04, 2013, 11:56:45 PM
I have had Lecras in and out of my team along with JJ Kennedy. The way Lecras played has me thinking that he is too cheap to leave out even at that over inflated price. I know it is the NAB but for a team that struggled with disposal in that game, he was just pure class. He even started in the guts a few times matched up on Swan and one of his goals was deep in the forward line where he broke around as the ball was tapped to him and he snapped it through. It is a difficult decision because at his price you think you would have to keep him, but if he plays to the best of his ability there is no reason he should not be a keeper.

If it was still 8 forwards I think you could pick him and accept him as an f8 keeper but this year with only 6 forwards you really need all premiums and can't afford to have a guy only averaging 85-90 in your forward line imo. Would make a nice cash cow but won't average enough to be a keeper. Expensive cash cow too though! Tough decisions to make

tbagrocks

Quote from: fidou on March 04, 2013, 05:34:05 PM
Any thoughts on Kerridge, Neade and Lamb as forward rooks?
Not sold on any JS here, but the three are fantastic footballers, if only the clubs feel the same

quinny88

Just had a play around and if I do downgrade buddy to varcoe it means I can upgrade yarran to Hartlett at f4, Goldy to maric at r1 and Moloney to Mundy at m5. Some pretty big benefits! Very tempted

FactHunt

Quote from: quinny88 on March 05, 2013, 12:36:16 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 04, 2013, 11:56:45 PM

If it was still 8 forwards I think you could pick him and accept him as an f8 keeper but this year with only 6 forwards you really need all premiums and can't afford to have a guy only averaging 85-90 in your forward line imo. Would make a nice cash cow but won't average enough to be a keeper. Expensive cash cow too though! Tough decisions to make

If you look at him like a 'point scoring cash cow' it's easier to justify his price... IMO he almost certainly has upside, therefore if you have that awkward amount of money to spend on a player (not a premium, but don't want money sitting on the bench if you buy a rook- and let's face it not too many rooks up forward anyway) you will get regular points from this guy, won't lose out on a dramatic price drop, and can upgrade to a premium when another cow has fattened (or a premium drops in price enough for a sideways trade if lucky).

fever

Quote from: quinny88 on March 05, 2013, 12:57:08 AM
Just had a play around and if I do downgrade buddy to varcoe it means I can upgrade yarran to Hartlett at f4, Goldy to maric at r1 and Moloney to Mundy at m5. Some pretty big benefits! Very tempted

say it aint so quinny! ;)

sammy123

buddy you need him. My fwds are BUDDY,COX,ROCKY,WRIGHT