Main Menu

Nic Nat

Started by Bluesman, February 28, 2013, 10:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesman

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Eagles are playing down Nic Nat's chances of him possibly not playing. Even if he doesn't, he surely will be playing by round 2/3. This in mind, why would I not consider putting him in from the start for the same reason one would be putting GAJ in?? He is the kind of freakish player who may pump out 100's from the get go to give people a jump on the majority of people who plan on getting him in by round 6/7 (after he's dropped a bit) and after their cash cows have ripened... which by then will be too late!!! Your thoughts..???

Pokerface

if you think he will be right to go, get him. but its a groin - underdone preseason. and theres scuttlebutt that it may be OP. so you are right, he may miss 1 game. he may also sit on your bench for the first 2 months...

Pokerface

sorry wasn't clear there. I meant being a groin injury restricts his ability to train and retain fitness, as opposed to say Cox's finger

Dudge

Quote from: Bluesman on February 28, 2013, 10:36:11 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that the Eagles are playing down Nic Nat's chances of him possibly not playing. Even if he doesn't, he surely will be playing by round 2/3. This in mind, why would I not consider putting him in from the start for the same reason one would be putting GAJ in?? He is the kind of freakish player who may pump out 100's from the get go to give people a jump on the majority of people who plan on getting him in by round 6/7 (after he's dropped a bit) and after their cash cows have ripened... which by then will be too late!!! Your thoughts..???

When you say start, do you mean rd1 or as you said, possibly rd 2/3. If it's rd 2/3, thats fine, but if from the start,(rd1) you mind as wll get a prem ruck playing. He should hopefully give you prem points, and with 44 trades, you can grab Nic Nat as soon as he plays.

ronl

With no pre-season, and little running because it's a groin, round 2/3 would be a luxury imo.  I've got him pegged for 6/7 before you can expect any decent (100+) scoring.

Pokerface

Quote from: Dudge on March 01, 2013, 01:27:30 AM
He should hopefully give you prem points, and with 44 trades, you can grab Nic Nat as soon as he plays.
This is an SC board.

Dudge

Quote from: Pokerface on March 01, 2013, 11:00:07 AM
He should hopefully give you prem points, and with 44 trades, you can grab Nic Nat as soon as he plays.
This is an SC board.

oops  :-[ but same answer with 30 trades :)

nas

Quote from: Dudge on March 01, 2013, 12:44:48 PM
Quote from: Pokerface on March 01, 2013, 11:00:07 AM
This is an SC board.

oops  :-[ but same answer with 30 trades :)

haha but yeah would wait for a couple of game b4 slotting him in.

Bluesman

Thanks guys. You're right - probably best to wait!
cheers