Rioli in a moonboot

Started by LF, February 26, 2013, 12:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-25/cyril-in-a-moonboot

CYRIL Rioli's pre-season could be over, after the Hawthorn forward suffered a sprained ankle at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night.

After scans on Monday morning, Rioli is confined to a moonboot and may not be available to play in any of Hawthorn's remaining three pre-season matches.

GM

This is unfortunately the problem with this star.Just seems to get too many injuries to be considered imo.

shorty3264

Yeh I saw that just before, every year I always consider him. I took him last year but he just lets you down. His body just can't seem to handle a full AFL season yet. Disappointing.

Cruiseon

It is a shame and rules him out of initial SC selection.

Some players are lucky and some are not, but I have heard over the last 3-4 years that Rioli still has a few minor off field issues. Not major, and I don't people want to think the wrong things but just issues which prevent him fro being absolute elite and giving his body every chance. Dedication to recovery sessions are amongst these.

It's scary to think how elite he could be if he got it all together. But we are all different, I know I could never pull off elite dedication.

fever

i put him in the chappy bracket. never start a season with him, maybe pinch hit him in the finals if he's showing good signs.

Hagebear

That's really disappointing. Looked awesome Saturday night. IMO looked the best player on the field out of the 3 teams that played. Will still be an upgrade target for me. Could be absolutely anything IF he can stay fit.

m_zulian

No surprise really. Rioli is stenciled in heavily in my never again list.

quinny88

Quote from: m_zulian on February 26, 2013, 01:20:37 PM

He's only 23 lol
Wouldnt write him off for his career just yet

Holz

picked him up in my SC and DT draft. He better be ready round 1 or im in trouble.

Jroo

Upgrade target. Will be fit and firing later in the year, plus he'll be cheaper too.

m_zulian

Quote from: quinny88 on February 26, 2013, 02:49:34 PM

He's only 23 lol

why the lol?

This is a guy that has played less than 20 games in 3 of his 5 years. I traded him in rd 4 2010 after scoring 71 and 130. I rode the Rioli rollercoaster the whole season. His consistenancy was not his greatest asset. In some games I felt like sending out a missing persons report. Not only that, he missed the finals games of round 19 and 20. This really hurt me. It is for these reasons that he is on my never again list.

quinny88

Quote from: m_zulian on February 26, 2013, 07:12:30 PM

He's only 23 lol

why the lol?

This is a guy that has played less than 20 games in 3 of his 5 years. I traded him in rd 4 2010 after scoring 71 and 130. I rode the Rioli rollercoaster the whole season. His consistenancy was not his greatest asset. In some games I felt like sending out a missing persons report. Not only that, he missed the finals games of round 19 and 20. This really hurt me. It is for these reasons that he is on my never again list.

Yeah but he is young. I mean between 24-29 would be considered the prime of a players career and he could have no injuries between that time while averaging over 100 every year. Are you not gonna then pick him because he had injury problems early in his career?

m_zulian

Quote from: quinny88 on February 26, 2013, 08:37:55 PM
Quote from: m_zulian on February 26, 2013, 07:12:30 PM

He's only 23 lol

why the lol?

Yeah but he is young. I mean between 24-29 would be considered the prime of a players career and he could have no injuries between that time while averaging over 100 every year. Are you not gonna then pick him because he had injury problems early in his career?

Short answer. Yes.