The purpose of the Nab cup

Started by quinny88, March 09, 2013, 06:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

I feel like ive had to repeat myself 100 times and am constantly gob smacked by the amount of threads that are written questioning Premium players and their form after they play a quiet nab cup game.
The best advice I can give when watching the nab cup for players you may or may not want is to not look at the premiums at all!

Pick your premiums based on who you think will finish in the top 10 of their position. The way they play in the nab cup has no bearing on this. They experiment things, they are rested they are un interested, they play out of position, there are a stack of reasons for them to play a bad game. A gun player is concentrated on round 1 and round 1 only.

The purpose for the nab cup is to find rookies and mid priced players that you want in your side. They are the ones that are trying to put their hand up for a round 1 selection and have something to prove. The premiums wont all of a sudden become a non premium because they played a bad nab cup game.

yorgis

well put quinny , cream is always cream

bowyanger

why bother with this?

Let the fools go....if they are silly enough to think this way then its less competition for us coaches with half a brain.

I wouldnt even try and pick out mid pricers from NAB form and when round 1 rolls around 90% of the rookies youve been following wont be playing anyway?

Its pretty much for injuries only...anything else is just a waste of time

quinny88

Quote from: bowyanger on March 09, 2013, 08:26:14 PM
why bother with this?

Let the fools go....if they are silly enough to think this way then its less competition for us coaches with half a brain.

I wouldnt even try and pick out mid pricers from NAB form and when round 1 rolls around 90% of the rookies youve been following wont be playing anyway?

Its pretty much for injuries only...anything else is just a waste of time

Because I'm being nice lol.
Nah well rookies we have to judge on how they play nab cup because that's all we see of them. The ones that have played well all nab cup will generally play round 1 unless from a really good side

Millhouse

good sense, good post. People ought to consider this - this is a trap for some coaches