Byrnes V Varcoe

Started by Mondoftw, February 23, 2013, 02:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mondoftw

I know its early days in the Nab cup but what are peoples thoughts on which one to pick out of these 2?

I currently have Varcoe in my team but arent sold on him. Whilst Byrnes is a little cheaper and looks to shine this year at the Dees.

shorty3264

Very early to tell, can't really make a call until they both play a coiple of full practice matches. Byrnes was impressive but I think if Varcoe plays off the half back line and has some match fitness behind him he could average around 85.

GoLions

Well neither of them should be keepers, and Byrnes is cheaper which means he should make more cash as their averages won't be that different.

dmac07

At this stage I would pick Byrnes, think will average the same, if not a few more points, and is cheaper. But both are on a watch list for nab cub. Throw in Knights, pettard (who looked ok), and Kennedy all in the 200-300k range in forwards as players to watch.

Mat0369

Varcoe has better ball use so I expect him to score more especially if he gets a run through the middle. Varcoe for me.

The_Captain

Go them both  ;). I would go Varcoe out of the two but

quinny88

Byrnes! Will enjoy being one of the big dogs for the first time in his career

locknload

Both are really underpriced. So really both should be in your squad.
Same with Knights.
They will all be given every chance to play as well.

Forwards are a volatile position so let these guys earn you cash before you trade in the legit Forwards.

tor01doc

Burnt by Knights so can't go him again.

The other 2 are definitely on the radar, especially with a dearth of viable rookie options.

Anyone like JJK? Lynch gone might just open things up a bit, and if you can bear to watch that st st st stuttering run up, he might be worth it.

THE BIG 3

Currently have both and reckon they're both worth it will make you quick cash and score respectably at the same time allowing more prems on other lines, not keen on knights just not sure he'll be what he was, but kennedy has been in and out a couple times if he was closer to 200k than 300k he would prob be in there too.

dmac07

Pettard another around the same price. Considering him and Byrnes as my mid priced options. Thoughts on pettard?