supercoach draft strategy

Started by pikla, February 14, 2013, 06:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikla

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 17, 2013, 12:27:25 AM
Quote from: pikla on February 16, 2013, 09:23:42 PM
is it true that we can only enter 1 live draft league? why is this?
Because DT and SC are new at the caper,,
   If you like drafts ,'Ultimate footy' give you 5 seperate leagues/drafts. With alot more options for setting up drafts

Cheers, will give it a look

Capper

it all depends on how your draft is set up. How many players are you picking in each pos and total?

I completed a draft tonight with 8 coaches selecting 15 players (3-4-1-3/4) each and Goddard and Franklin both went in the first round of picks and Cox, Nicnat and Maric going in the 2nd round. The rest of the picks were mids.

You have to play it by ear. DPP are very helpful as well especially on the bench as the 4 players we could select could play any where

Mat0369

Quote from: pikla on February 16, 2013, 09:23:42 PM
is it true that we can only enter 1 live draft league? why is this?

Wait, what? Really? That is a stupid idea.

In terms of drafting, I have been in a lot of NFL snake fantasy leagues over the years which work very similar. The way the draft strategy would normally work would be to draft the players at the position of the biggest drop off with the least depth. In SC this would be the back line. DPP should also be of more value so I would look at getting a DPP option. The only mid that should go in the first pick is Ablett, otherwise your first selection should be Goddard, Cox, Buddy in that order if they are available.

Ziplock

yeah its really stupid.

for dt though, thats not quite how the depth goes, I dont know about sc though tbh.

for instance, the difference between ranks 3-10 in each position for DT goes

Mid- 11.3
Ruck- 9.9
Defence- 9.7
Forward- 4.7

from 6-10 its
defence: 8.8
ruck- 5.9
mid- 5.7
forward- 2.1

and from 10-20
ruck- 11.1
forward- 7.2
mid- 4.8
defence- 4.2

after the top 30 in each position it about evens out, and you just pick the best player

as I said, that for DT, since I dont intend on doing a SC draft, but I assume that the point distribution is pretty similiar.

My initial plan was
1- mid
2- defender
3-ruck/forward
4- ruck/ forward
5-7 forwards
8- nic nat (if available which he was not)
9- fwd
10-13 defender
14-18 midfielders
19-22 bench players

(our teams were 5/6/2/5 and 4 bench).

from memory I ended up going
2. Ablett
19. Grimes
22. Roughead
39 Pavlich
42 Mcevoy

so... roughly to plan. It all depends on who starts breaking drafting trends, and when. For instance, as soon as goddard goes, someone jumps on gibbs, and once they're gone everyone starts showerting themselves over defenders, and all the defenders go quickly. Similar situation with rucks as well.

Mat0369

The only guy I can justify in the mids going number one in a draft is Ablett. The thing is that you can pick up 8 guys in the midfield who all average around the 120 mark or above, in the other positions it is nowhere near as deep. You have 21 guys averaging over 105 in the mids, not one back has averaged over that. Only 4 topped 100 then it is a drop off again.

I would rather a team of Goddard, Roughy and Boyd then say a team of 3 top mids and then being forced to reach for players at other positions.