New role for Newman

Started by Jroo, February 21, 2013, 12:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you consider Newman in your SC side?

Yes
22 (66.7%)
No
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on February 21, 2013, 01:27:53 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 21, 2013, 01:22:27 PM
Its between him and D.Pearce for me atm

Between Newy and Yarran for me. Will only pick either if I think they can become a keeper though
Yeh same mate. Forgot about Yarran... another one to keep an eye on

quinny88

Newy looked very nice in the wing role tonight. His disposal and forward 50 entry will be used to great affect this year. Keeping an even closer eye on him after tonight

Mat0369

Was a SC lock for me the last few seasons and a first picked, however he struggled last year and I have been put off him. Will be interesting to see if he stays on the wing and how he averages through the full length games.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 01:18:00 AM
Was a SC lock for me the last few seasons and a first picked, however he struggled last year and I have been put off him. Will be interesting to see if he stays on the wing and how he averages through the full length games.

Yeah apparently making the move up to the wing where he played earlier in his career. Think he will be back up to 90+ if he stays there

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:20:19 AM
Yeah apparently making the move up to the wing where he played earlier in his career. Think he will be back up to 90+ if he stays there

I would like to see him there the entire time and see him rack up maybe a big score in the pre-season before I even consider him. I think in terms of SC the guy who takes kick outs for a team really benefits in scoring consistently as they can get some cheap touches (Heath Shaw is prime example). Last year he seemed to lose those duties, but if he can get a ton of cheap ball on the wing, he is a great kick so I can see that making up for it.

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 23, 2013, 01:30:07 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 23, 2013, 01:20:19 AM

I would like to see him there the entire time and see him rack up maybe a big score in the pre-season before I even consider him. I think in terms of SC the guy who takes kick outs for a team really benefits in scoring consistently as they can get some cheap touches (Heath Shaw is prime example). Last year he seemed to lose those duties, but if he can get a ton of cheap ball on the wing, he is a great kick so I can see that making up for it.

Oh definitely. Wont be rolling the dice unless he continues it all nab cup

gunnerzzz

Dunno....I like Newman he's served me well in past but he's past his prime, not gaurenteed to score well and can't see him making any cash. I would rather spend the extra 100k to get a 100+ player.

nrich102