Lecras...where has he gone?

Started by Rambler79, February 24, 2013, 12:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambler79

Has Lecras been forgotten or is he still an option as a small scoring forward? I've had him and have now got rid of him. Not sold on first NAB game, what are people's thoughts?

tbagrocks

VS are asses for making him too expensive, would need to trade him at some point

LF

He is too expensive
His first NAB game was fine for a guy who hasn`t played for over a year and Woosha was pleased as well
I was all for LeCras until the prices came out.

ubeaut

I don't think he can get enough of the ball with Wellingham,Shuey,Kerr,Priddis,Selwood,Gaff,Masten,Embley,etc hogging the mids. He will kick lots of goals but not sure he can score high enough for me. If Hill keeps up last seasons form that also could affect his scoring. He is capable of 95 avg but too risky I reckon.

TheAnt

At far too awkward a price- Too high to be a good cash-cow so you'd be banking on him providing premium output which he has never done. Add the strengthed West Coast midfield since he's been gone and coming of an ACL and no one is touching him. Had he been low 200,000's every man and his dog would've had him.

Rambler79

Didn't think $369k was too bad for a key forward who has had some reasonable scores in years gone by, but I guess the risk lies in the lack of games played!

LF

Look at it this way you`d be better off with guys like Kennedy,Byrnes,Varcoe even Jenkins if you want to take a punt
because LeCras will probably average around the same as them and they are much cheaper.

tbagrocks

Hey LF don't go giving away our smokey in JJ (Jenkins) he's a spud won't be as good as Tippett and did not kick 8 goals for Sturt while Adelaide was losing to Sydney in a final, or did he ;)

Mat0369

Jenkins was impressive last season while Tippet was out. Then again another JJ is severely underrated and people keep writing him off even though he is so cheap and has supply from one of the best midfields in the game.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 24, 2013, 12:56:48 AM
Jenkins was impressive last season while Tippet was out. Then again another JJ is severely underrated and people keep writing him off even though he is so cheap and has supply from one of the best midfields in the game.
I like you :-*  Haha stop overating my smokey :-X

Mat0369

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 24, 2013, 01:01:31 AM
I like you :-*  Haha stop overating my smokey :-X

I just went back and had a look at his scores and price. He has some great games close to a ton and then some sub affected ones mixed in with some lower ones. Would take some balls to pick him at his price.

TheAnt

Will face the problem all KPPs face and that's inconsistent scores. Good for late in the draft game though.

Mat0369

Everyone calling Lecras a KPP, you realise he is not? He is a medium/small forward that is a deadly set shot who was in contention for midfield time before his knee injury. Just because someone is a focal point in the forward line does not make them a KPP. Are Eddie Betts and Milne KPP? No. Neither is Lecras. Also with the loss of Lynch, Nic Nat being out early, the emergence of Darling and the return of Kennedy this would work to his advantage. He would get the best small/medium sized defender each week but with those guys demanding attention he would benefit each week and will still be a focal point. Yes he is overpriced but it is not out of reach that he could actually average 90 on the year.

quinny88

Class player. Had him in my calculations all pre season until his price was released. Dont know who did the math for that one