2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Brandon Ellis

Started by TheAnt, November 20, 2012, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

Brandon Ellis

Type:
Richmond will be laughing now after getting Steve Morris for swapping a pick to get 1 pick lower. They landed Brandon Ellis, his job was simple, be an elite kick off half back to release Brett Deledio into the midfield. He did a superb job of it, the high endurance accurate kick was a fantastic debutant, and did his job week in, week out. Very tough and ready made for AFL football, he became Richmonds designated kicker pretty much from round 1, both highlighting Richmonds need for an elite kicker out of half back and just how good his kick really is.

Fanplanner price: 298,000
Position: B
Stats:
Games: 21
Disposals: 15 (Including sub affected games)
Supercoach average: 56.1 (61.5 non sub affected)
Disposal efficiency: 74%

Thoughts:
This guys going to be a great player for Richmond, in a four round period from rounds 15-18 he averaged 21.5 disposals a game. He's going to get more consistent and as he gains experience his disposal efficiency will nudge 80% in my opinion. He should get more game time this year on the wings aswell and could become a long range goal kicker a la Chris Newman. He finished first in the recent Richmond time trial and shouldn't have too many more sub-affected games, he should nudge his disposals to around 20 aswell.

My Verdict
Despite that, he's not for me, he's too big of a risk and at 300,000 your money should be spent on a rookie or a premium, at 300,000 he's too much to be a cash cow and in my mind won't be a premium who averages 90+. He may go a little like Reece Conca who had a few blinders but mostly stayed consistent around the 70 mark. In 2 or so years time he could well be the number 1 Supercoach defender, wouldn't pick him yet though.

2013 SuperCoach Score Prediction:
75-85

ubeaut

In a year or two he'll be supercoach gold. Not this year for me though.

quinny88

Served well as rookie last year but will now have to be put on the back burner until he has matured into the gun that he's on the path to being.

Adamant

Very handy cover this year, but not for me in 2013.

Jay

TheAnt