Main Menu

mummy

Started by THE BIG 3, February 20, 2013, 01:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlemart

well said quinny88.

The stats don't lie, and as you rightly point out, goldy has outscored mummy in the past 2 years, and has played many more games than mummy.

Goldy locked

fever

Quote from: quinny88 on February 20, 2013, 07:04:39 PM
Quote from: fever on February 20, 2013, 02:00:17 PM
he is far far far more attractive than goldy in the ruck. i just cant understand all the love for goldy atm.

Because goldy averaged 113 in 2011 when he was the #1 ruck which he will be again in 2013.. Whats not to love?

but iirc when hmac was injured for ~8wks last year goldy was still junk. how to explain that?

quinny88

Quote from: fever on February 21, 2013, 12:32:16 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 20, 2013, 07:04:39 PM
Quote from: fever on February 20, 2013, 02:00:17 PM
he is far far far more attractive than goldy in the ruck. i just cant understand all the love for goldy atm.

Because goldy averaged 113 in 2011 when he was the #1 ruck which he will be again in 2013.. Whats not to love?

but iirc when hmac was injured for ~8wks last year goldy was still junk. how to explain that?

Thats actually not the case fever.
In batt's player profile he explains that Goldy averaged only 71.4 before Hmac's injury but he averaged 100.27 after his injury so it just shows how much better he plays as the #1 ruckman. After a full pre season and knowing his role as the #1 man again expect him to go back to 2011 form

fever

sure, but 100 isn't exactly setting the world on fire. i'd be fine with him if almost everyone wasn't taking a risk on leue as well as him. two risky rucks is just flirting with disaster imo.

quinny88

Quote from: fever on February 21, 2013, 02:23:56 PM
sure, but 100 isn't exactly setting the world on fire. i'd be fine with him if almost everyone wasn't taking a risk on leue as well as him. two risky rucks is just flirting with disaster imo.

I just don't see how godly is a risk though? He averaged 113 in 2011 when he was the #1 man which he is again for 2013 so I don't see why he wouldn't go back to at least 110. He's 24 years old too, just enetrering his prime. He's as safe as any other options out there imo

fever

i disgree. if he could only muster up ave 100 as #1 ruck last year why do you assume he'll get back to 2011 form? it's not like he was injured or anything.

caluuum

Quote from: fever on February 21, 2013, 03:20:00 PM
i disgree. if he could only muster up ave 100 as #1 ruck last year why do you assume he'll get back to 2011 form? it's not like he was injured or anything.
Having to switch between #1 and #2 rucks with hmac makes it hard to get some of the consistancy. And there was the 1 game when he was sick and scored 27, which obviously brings that average down.
If anything I think he'll be able to go above his 2011 season, and I remember reading an article a little while ago on the kangaroos website saying that Goldstein was looking the fittest he's been since joining. I can't find it though :/

Just my opinion

felsty

isnt mummy still on a modified program too?

i currently have goldy but am big wraps for mummy when he is up and going, just seemd to me his body is failing him atm
dont think goldy is a huge risk with the $ amount that he is.. either he goes well or fails but he will still make you money before that happens

quinny88

Quote from: fever on February 21, 2013, 03:20:00 PM

He had a bad season because he was in and out of the side early on and was playing second fiddle to hamac. Never got in any real form after that and still averaged 100 .

What do you personally think he will avg?

fever

95-105 at a guess. which isn't bad, but it's not premo. i would be happy to have him, i just dont think so though if your other ruck is leue (which, let's face it, everyones is).

quinny88

Quote from: fever on February 21, 2013, 06:52:23 PM
95-105 at a guess. which isn't bad, but it's not premo. i would be happy to have him, i just dont think so though if your other ruck is leue (which, let's face it, everyones is).

Do you actually have a reason to believe he wouldnt get back to 110+ though? Its not like 2011 was a fluke.
And how is 105 not premo for a ruckman? Only 5 Ruckman avg more than that last year and 3 of them can be picked fwd now.

I just think goldy is very low risk at 497k and will definitely be 110+

fever

Quote from: quinny88 on February 21, 2013, 07:51:35 PM
Do you actually have a reason to believe he wouldnt get back to 110+ though?
no not really, i just also think it's not a gimme that he will.

QuoteIts not like 2011 was a fluke.
well idk about that. it's not like he's ever had another gangbusters year (iirc)

QuoteAnd how is 105 not premo for a ruckman? Only 5 Ruckman avg more than that last year and 3 of them can be picked fwd now.
that's true, but i also think he could go as low as 95 just as easily. plus, i am advocating getting one of the ones that ave'd more.

QuoteI just think goldy is very low risk at 497k and will definitely be 110+
that's where i differ. i think he def could be almost the value pick of the year, but then again, he could also be a constant frustration (i'm thinkin dustin last year style). bottom line from my POV, if you had a ruck combo that was premo/goldy then he'd be great, BUT, i think with all already taking the risk on leue having goldy misfire would be costly, so dont get both of them.

quinny88

Quote from: fever on February 21, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 21, 2013, 07:51:35 PM
Do you actually have a reason to believe he wouldnt get back to 110+ though?
no not really, i just also think it's not a gimme that he will.

QuoteIts not like 2011 was a fluke.
well idk about that. it's not like he's ever had another gangbusters year (iirc)

QuoteAnd how is 105 not premo for a ruckman? Only 5 Ruckman avg more than that last year and 3 of them can be picked fwd now.
that's true, but i also think he could go as low as 95 just as easily. plus, i am advocating getting one of the ones that ave'd more.

QuoteI just think goldy is very low risk at 497k and will definitely be 110+
that's where i differ. i think he def could be almost the value pick of the year, but then again, he could also be a constant frustration (i'm thinkin dustin last year style). bottom line from my POV, if you had a ruck combo that was premo/goldy then he'd be great, BUT, i think with all already taking the risk on leue having goldy misfire would be costly, so dont get both of them.

Oh well we will see how he goes. I feel very comfortable with him at R1 though

fever

you may well be proven right and it'd def be to your advantage if it comes off.