Gaff + T.Lee
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Nails

It's easily Mitchell and Wright

Quote from: timmyparso on February 18, 2013, 11:22:30 AM
Two points about Kane Mitchell after NAB round 1:
1. yes, he can get plenty of the ball
2. his kicking and disposal is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of his disposals average, creating 50/50 chances at best for Port or floated into open space. If this doesn't improve He'll be playing most of the year in the SANFL. Kane may average 70 but will take twice as long for his price to rise than a Viney/Wines/Crouch/O'mera as he will play less games.

Why does poor ball use mean SANFL time?

It means he fits in with Port better.

timmyparso

Quote from: Nails on February 18, 2013, 02:00:45 PM
It's easily Mitchell and Wright

Quote from: timmyparso on February 18, 2013, 11:22:30 AM
Two points about Kane Mitchell after NAB round 1:
1. yes, he can get plenty of the ball
2. his kicking and disposal is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of his disposals average, creating 50/50 chances at best for Port or floated into open space. If this doesn't improve He'll be playing most of the year in the SANFL. Kane may average 70 but will take twice as long for his price to rise than a Viney/Wines/Crouch/O'mera as he will play less games.

Why does poor ball use mean SANFL time?

It means he fits in with Port better.

If Port have a player that uses the ball better than Mitchell then he will get selected over Mitchell. His ball use yesterday was not up to AFL standard and was notably below the standard of the rest of the Port team.

I hope for the sake of Port and my Dreamteam that this was a one off for Mitchell as I have him currently in my team. He was locked last week but I've got the key ready if a better player presents.

Jukes

QuoteKane Mitchell (MID $119,300) This guy is probably the biggest lock of the season along with O’Meara, the only problem is that he has to be elevated off the rookie list.  With Salter on the LTI this is a certainty.  He tore it up and was absolutely everywhere.  He linked up with many players in the mids and across the backlines.  I can certainly see why he won himself a Sandover medal.  Josh [son of author] was very keen on his setting up of the attacks forward and his set up of a goal for Ollie Wines.

timmyparso

Quote from: Jukes on February 18, 2013, 02:20:18 PM
QuoteKane Mitchell (MID $119,300) This guy is probably the biggest lock of the season along with O’Meara, the only problem is that he has to be elevated off the rookie list.  With Salter on the LTI this is a certainty.  He tore it up and was absolutely everywhere.  He linked up with many players in the mids and across the backlinesI can certainly see why he won himself a Sandover medal.  Josh [son of author] was very keen on his setting up of the attacks forward and his set up of a goal for Ollie Wines.

He did link well and got into good position to recieve the ball but didn't dispose of the ball that.

Suggest those with Foxtel find when yesterdays games are next replayed and watch/record it to make up your own minds. Just calling it as I saw it and found it frustrating to see when the ball was moving forward for Port that when it was Mitchell that kicked forward that it wasn't to the advantage of the Port forwards.

It was only NAB round 1 so we'll wait on the other rounds to see how he goes, he still sits in my M7 position.