Thoughts on Embley NAB

Started by ronl, February 17, 2013, 01:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronl

Looked a bit old and slow.  First game for a long time, really looked like he needed the run.  What do you guys think, is he worth holding onto?  I'm not too sure, need some opinions, thanks

DazBurg

i reckon for a first hit out in a long tie looked quite good
proved he can still find the ball but did have a little rust but alot do in the first nab games

LF

The first game he played too deep back to get a real gauge possibly because hurn waters etc didn't play
The second game he played higher up the ground and was much better found the ball a bit I thought he looked good myself.

creeker

Embley has been in and out of my team at least a dozen times. I keep swapping him with Wines. Wines will go ok but Embley will have better JS. Got no idea which way to go. Wines is in at the moment. Will monitor the nab cup.

GM

Quote from: creeker on February 17, 2013, 01:54:56 PM
Embley has been in and out of my team at least a dozen times. I keep swapping him with Wines. Wines will go ok but Embley will have better JS. Got no idea which way to go. Wines is in at the moment. Will monitor the nab cup.
I think the best way to look at is who can you afford with the extra $100k with Wines in your team?

jfitty

First game in a long time? Don't forget he played the last 6 games of 2012!

For me, I'll pass. I reckon he won't average more than about 75. He won't play much midfield, possibly off a wing occasionally, but for 100k less you could get a rookie that will make you money just as fast.