2013 Supercoach Player Profile: Steve Johnson

Started by quinny88, September 26, 2012, 02:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

He's currently in my starting lineup with Buddy, Cox, Rocky, Dusty and Varcoe.
I like to start proven premiums even if some are a bit up and down, they average well on the whole season.

dmac07

A serious upgrade target, but see more upside in starting Rocky/Thomas.

Southstorm

Although back to back scores of 150+ against Gold Coast and GWS sound tempting, I can't see him finishing in the top 6 forwards for the year based on the other talent to choose from. Also, too unpredictable for my liking. Not for me, not even as an upgrade.

T Dog

Started him as a keeper the last 2 years..will do so again.. ;D

Torress

he was used a fair bit in centre bounces in 2012 and swept accross half back then went forward as well.
if he is doing that role from centre clearances to mopping up in the middle im extreemly tempted to start. - but any FWD u start over 500k can backfire on you, dusty martin 540k- we locked, we loaded and he spudded it. he really probs is an upgrade target, almost any forward is unless they are in the midfield or if a CHF has a very easy draw early (Nroo in 2012) - rocky is such a lock!!

i've started chappy every year i've done SC, but unfortunately chappy has slowed down :( and i've upgraded to stevie J last two years - wasn't disappointed either. although watching him play whilst in your team doing those bannana style kicks directly infront from 20m out and getting told to play on and getting pinged gave me serious rage!!! don't understand why an AFL player wouldn't just kick it straight thru he would of drop punted thousands and thousands of times, blows me out!

tbagrocks

Interestin Torress,

For me, Geelong failed last year and he did play more midfield, it has been spoken of young guns, Duncan, Christensen, Caddy, Hunt, Motlop ect getting the midfield run

imo Geelong will ease hih as they chase a Premiership, SJ will play forward mostly and towards the end of the season maybe more mid time but will also be rested

Like I say, Geelong will back their young guns with Kelly and Bartel, chasing a Premiership, the older body's will be primed for September

batt

Just said he's shed a few kilos, is training purely with the mids and believes he'll get about 80% of his time in the mids.  From a SC perspective that is super encouraging in terms of a round 1 start.

I love his ceiling and I think he's a lock if he stays running through the mids, which he has indicated he will be so I really should be trying to make room for him in my team.

Nige

After what he just said to Leigh Colbert, he's staying in my team, I'll take the risk of the supposed slow start.

Ricochet

sammy123

saw the MRP logo next to his name. Whay he do?

quinny88

Quote from: sammy123 on February 17, 2013, 01:00:07 AM
saw the MRP logo next to his name. Whay he do?

Gave Ballentyne a little love tap in the guts and he went down like he got shot so it might get looked at

ronl

Yes, the Fox interview has finally settled the matter for me as well.  Seemed pretty excited at the prospect of spending this year in the mids. That's all I needed to hear.

dmac07

Cox, rocky, Johnson, I can't go past these three as starters.