Any Surprises from NAB cup games so far????

Started by Mark, February 15, 2013, 11:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabo

Quote from: DazBurg on February 16, 2013, 10:12:53 AM
...but in saying that was he so good i the 2nd game because the nerves were out of the way or was they leaving heath shaw out of it open him up more? is what i was wondering a little to myself

I thought I heard the announcers say that he was expected to free up Shaw so that he could play up more on the wing.

I'm not the best interpreter of strategy but to me I would think that means he'd be playing Shaw's previous role then?

Or am I completing misinterpreting that statement?

I didn't have him in my side at all but I'm seriously considering him now, I thought he did well, most of the errors I saw were more of his teammates fault than his (Shaw hand balling to him when he could clearly see he had two people on him stands out in my mind).

sammy123

Ringo

Quote from: sammy123 on February 16, 2013, 11:50:07 AM
i see van unen didnt get a run?
Was just going to ask the same question Sammy.  Anyone know any reason is he injured or something as I thought he would have been playing.  He is also in quite a few Teams that I have seen.

Bones Bombers

Kraks gut surprised me  :o Still highly skilled though!

DazBurg

Quote from: mabo on February 16, 2013, 11:11:04 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on February 16, 2013, 10:12:53 AM
...but in saying that was he so good i the 2nd game because the nerves were out of the way or was they leaving heath shaw out of it open him up more? is what i was wondering a little to myself

I thought I heard the announcers say that he was expected to free up Shaw so that he could play up more on the wing.

I'm not the best interpreter of strategy but to me I would think that means he'd be playing Shaw's previous role then?

Or am I completing misinterpreting that statement?

I didn't have him in my side at all but I'm seriously considering him now, I thought he did well, most of the errors I saw were more of his teammates fault than his (Shaw hand balling to him when he could clearly see he had two people on him stands out in my mind).
well from the games in game 1 shaw was pushing higer but still running out of defence alot aswell
where as in 2nd game russell did this more but shaw was not playing
so at i would say still looked good just gonna watch next tie they play to help make up mind

Mark

Justin Bieber

Nige

Two that caught my eye tonight from the Eagles' were Lycett and McGovern, both looked good.

DazBurg

here's my thoughts on tonight's games guys and girl  :)

West Coast Vs Geelong

West Coast
Masten - good early with good clearance work
Embley - got some of it looked good at times but deep play deep in backline (but no hurn or waters in side)
Darling - Kicked goals and lead up well just dominated
Wilson - was quite good in the first half one of the highest possessions winners in first half died out in 2nd half though

Geelong
Varcoe didn't look to good down back but looked more dangerous in 2nd half when switched back forward
Horlin-Smith - got a run in the middle found the ball alot and got to most contests good signs
T.Hubt- looked good when in 2nd half was brought onto a wing
Bartel and selwood - quiet first halves but as you expect from these guys come home flying
Sheringham - looked quite good and seemed quiet composed

Fremantle Vs Geelong

Fremantle
D.Pearce - had alot of touches especially in the first half but his kicking was quite poor at times (not a problem for DT but for those considering SC may need  to see how he goes next time just to help with decision)
Walkers - looked real sharp crumbed well moved up ground well and show good speed
Barlow and Mzungu - quite the same as bartel and selwood game before - quiet first halves but as you expect from these guys come home flying

Geelong
Selwood - got the first game out of way and stayed in high gear great game
Horlin-Smith - no where near as prominent this time but could see his efforts of still getting to heaps of contests must have a decent tank on him
Stevie J - played only the 2nd half and got alot of touches running through the middle
M.brown - Presented well and had a few shots on goal his goal kicking let him down though

West Coast Vs Fremantle

West Coast
Priddis- at every contest as his usual self
Embley - with hurn playing the 2nd game embley moved higher up the ground looked good and got a bit of the ball
Wellingham - looks nice and settled at the eagles already and having the first game out of the way (did not play in 1st game) should only improve
Masten - bit quieter but again showed some nice glimpses

Fremantle
wasn't a real lot for them in this game
walters- continued trying and showed some nice signs again

players that done well aswell over both games
Crozier - was lively but not a fantasy prospect really at this stage
Gaff - just went about it getting a fair bit a ball without standing right out (flew under radar)
C.Pearce - was a consistent performer for them in both games probably a toss up between him and walters for best player for the night from dockers that played both games
Enright - as like with selwood/bartel/johnson/priddis done exactly what we come to expect got alot of the ball and proves his still worth the premo price tag despite getting older

SydneyRox

Capper

DazBurg

heres my thoughts from the first two games guys had to go out so will watch the replay of the 3rd at 9:40pm and edit this then with the rest of my thoughts from that match but until then here is the first 2

Adelaide vs St Kilda

St Kilda
Gwilt - looks the general of the backline team mates look for him for drive from the back half
Ray- played great got a ton of the ball and rd the flight real well
Saad - kicked a early goal before moving up onto a wing looked at home there aswell finding the ball alot
Dennis-Lane - not really a great fantasy option atm but kicked 2 goals and looked settled in the saints forward line
Siposs- was playing more deep backline made a few runs up into the middle beautiful booing kick helps break the lines for the saints (if he can improve could be the next Hurn)

Adelaide
Ellis-Yolmen - Got a bit of it in the first half in tight close contests looked unnerved and settled with some nice skills
Crouch- lock this boy in looked settled looked ready and will play
Wright- flew a little under the radar but i did like the look of his work and shall continue after his great season of last year
Tambling surprisingly he went nuts on a HB line was getting the pill left right and center. though his disposal let him down big time

StKilda VS Port Adelaide

St Kilda
Hickey- With Mcevoy not playing this game hickey had more time to shine and he looked good in the ruck contests and good marking hands around the ground
not a whole lot else for them they were dominated

Port Adelaide
Wines- just like crouch looked at home loved his goal was quick to respond to the play on call and settled before driving it home poised and composed and ready to roll
Pittard- in the first half started down back and done some nice drive out of Def in 2nd half pushed up further and kept on driving found it quite a bit and looked good
Mitchell- the mature age recruit last year's sandover medalist look quite at home running through the midfield weather he starts round 1 or later could be a great pick
Neade- Scrawny little guy like a stick but lively and presents finds heaps of it and even showed he has a good footy brain
Harlett - if he can stay injury free this season just might be his time to shine

BTW: as i said friday night for those that read both the DT and SC boards ay wonder why i post in both but that is because some only play one form of the game so ay only read that board only fair everyone gets to see  ;)

Edit the other game added in now

Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

Adelaide
Crouch - Finding alot more of it now - lock him in
Tambling -  getting heaps of it again his disposal to start with still poor but improved in 2nd half
Wright - just went again under the radar accumalating touches
Jenkins - provided a great target forward some good marks and good leads but his goal kicking let him down

Port Adelaide
Harlett - looked good when he got it problem fantasy wise was seemed to be playing deep in the backline
Pittard- again provided some good drive from the backline
Mitchell- was in and around the ball a fair bit again made some poor decisions though

Ringo

Thanks Daz for posting in this board as well well done. I for one only am in SC.