Avoiding Cookie Cutter Teams

Started by timtim, February 09, 2013, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: luvfooty on February 16, 2013, 03:10:57 AM
Meow do you reckon Boyd still has it or is he done now for fantasy footy to make way for the younger guys?

Boyd isn't going anywhere. He'll be the exact same player in 2013 as he was in 2012. Won't drop off. He is 30 but he has never had an injury so his body is still in perfect condition.

The man is such an important part of our team that the club has decided to make him the entire leadership group. Don't even have a vice captain since Boyd never misses games.

He's a safe pick.

quinny88

Quote from: meow meow on February 16, 2013, 03:16:41 AM
Quote from: luvfooty on February 16, 2013, 03:10:57 AM
Meow do you reckon Boyd still has it or is he done now for fantasy footy to make way for the younger guys?

Boyd isn't going anywhere. He'll be the exact same player in 2013 as he was in 2012. Won't drop off. He is 30 but he has never had an injury so his body is still in perfect condition.

The man is such an important part of our team that the club has decided to make him the entire leadership group. Don't even have a vice captain since Boyd never misses games.

He's a safe pick.

Havent seen him in 1 team yet. He is such a ball magnet and never misses games. Would be a great pod

mpollock

Not that i have checked the % but ...

I have Kruizer ... has the right trend in terms of his averages and even games player per season ... seems to be finally getting his body right.  Averaged 92 last year which is probably better then most people realize.

I have Byrnes and Embley who are probably not in that many teams.

I also have Birchall and Waters who i think many people will over look.

And for really unique ... i have Osborn and Naismith as my 3rd and 4th ruck ... i have decided to simply throw both these positions this year and use the money elsewhere.  May upgrade one to Currie if i make further changes to my team and have cash left ...  :)

Mat0369

Quote from: tigertops on February 16, 2013, 01:12:52 AM
Disposal decision making is no good. No wonder he's been cut from2 clubs. Then again he is at the bulldogs they r gonna struggle

He was everywhere in the first game, racks up the touches, has the ability to rack up big scores and is playing in a bad team. For a mid pricer, he might be a good pick up for the early weeks and then trade him to a fallen premium after he rises in cash. I am looking at him more for SC draft leagues though

He is still looking like a better option then Luke Ball for the extra cash