To Cloke or not to Cloke?

Started by mjpaps, February 15, 2013, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjpaps

He has burnt me & many other people before.
Contract talks did seem to distract him last year!
However I think with big Q-Stick in the mix this year it should allow Cloke to play abit deeper in the forward line.
He's a great contested mark & if he can convert a few more he will be a prem fwd.
Priced at $436,300 could be a bargain...
I cant see too many peeps selecting him so could be a great pod.

Thoughts?

Swallow12

He is def good value, however like all KPP is likely to have an off game (Sub 50 even) and tumble in price, so a more of an upgrade target from that perspective.. Also with only 6 fwds this year I cant see him being worth a spot in the final 6, so unless you believe he will be in the top 10 fwds come seasons end I would say pass

GM

On his 2011 form yes he will be a great pod.
Everything imo gives the impression he can bounce back.
Will i take the risk initially?Probably not.
But lets see how he presents himself in the pre season.

upthemaidens

Pretty risky,  But where there is risk there is reward.

northernstar

he will sit in his little square for the first 10 rounds. I wouldn't buy him for 200k!

T Dog

I dunno...he is a big man, a big target, mobile, can take a big clunking grab, can kick from anywhere..not always accurately but each touch gets pts,, is underpriced big time, has new decoy options to work with him this year, and his feeding lanes have been improved with a left footed jet this year. Yeah thats all I need to look for in a forward...I did mention cheap...lol.. ;D

upthemaidens

Quote from: T Dog on February 15, 2013, 01:58:02 PM
I dunno...he is a big man, a big target, mobile, can take a big clunking grab, can kick from anywhere..not always accurately but each touch gets pts,, is underpriced big time, has new decoy options to work with him this year, and his feeding lanes have been improved with a left footed jet this year. Yeah thats all I need to look for in a forward...I did mention cheap...lol.. ;D
"each touch gets pts."  not in SC..

T Dog

Yeah agreed UTM,  should have said.."each contested mark, kick, and score"

Sheeds

Depends where he plays up the ground or in the goal square. His average will improve as wont get double teamed as often but probably won't be top 6

jimmytigs

first thing that came to my mind was the plethera of other choices,you can almost fill your forward line from lecras down if you wish to go cheap,you have dpp options steviej rocky martin robinson wright bartel chapman cox ryder zorko nicnat (if not out more than 1 or 2)all better than cloke,then you have buddy.I really cant see any intelligent strategy that squeezes him in.In saying that he will be a good solid 22 game season contributor,so if im his mum or dad hes in my team,but seriously i cant have him

same goes for both riewoldts,walker j.brown hawkins patton cameron petrie & all other 1 position forwards outside of buddy