Why do so many 'rate my supercoach' teams lack DPP links?

Started by tor01doc, February 06, 2013, 12:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

As asked, why are so many coaches apparently ignoring DPP?

Most common example is having Goddard, Gibbs and even Heppell on same line as Goodes!!

Cox as a forward with no ruck/fwd DPP as R4.

No mid / fwd DPP to compliment Rocky, Dusty, SJ etc.

Not even many Broughton / Staker combos back and forward.

Is it out of fashion this year?

Any thoughts good people?

SydneyRox

i always found that at the start of the year dpp isnt a concern. we have 10 weeks until byes, every player should be playing round 1. So trying to make sure all your dpp's line up isnt an issue for me. as the season gets on, becomes more of an issue.

GraysFan

Because of the amounts of trades this year... If a premium isnt playing, just sideways him for a week rather than play a rookie..

tor01doc

17 rounds plus finals = a lot of people running low on trades - yet again?

GraysFan

you get 2 trades each week for a total of 44 trades i think... or is that just dream team??

SydneyRox

Quote from: GraysFan on February 06, 2013, 01:13:52 AM
Because of the amounts of trades this year... If a premium isnt playing, just sideways him for a week rather than play a rookie..

just dt mate.

GraysFan

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 06, 2013, 01:18:50 AM

just dt mate.

ohh, okays, sorry.. i should just stay on the dream team section :P

tor01doc

Quote from: GraysFan on February 06, 2013, 01:27:21 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 06, 2013, 01:18:50 AM

just dt mate.

ohh, okays, sorry.. i should just stay on the dream team section :P

No no Gray's fan stay here in the site where people appreciate the finer points of AFL fantasy football and while you're here you can fill us in on what Meredith and Dr McDreamy and Steamy are up to.

Cheers

Speculator

I hadn't looked at too many fanplanners so thanks for enlightening me. I have Cox/McBean, Broughton/Staker and Brett Goodes in the midfield. Hopefully that provides me with some kind of advantage relative to the herd.

tor01doc

Speculator - spectacular!

As long as those guys get game, I believe you will save a few trades and won't lose much at all in doing so.

Already people are planning to use trades with gay adandon - will they never learn!

Ringo

Am disagreeing with you slightly her Tor. (The advantage of the Forum with open discussions).

In supercoach this year we have a number of rule changes that in my opinion really compromises the need to have DPP .

1. Best 18 scores of your playing 22 will count for byes
2. 30 Trades for year
3. Rolling lock outs.

So based on that I will be picking teams based on scoring potential not DPP,

However in saying that as an example if Colquhon shows in the NAB cup he can score as well if not better than say
Jack Viney he will go onto my mid line to give me the DPP. Basically picking best rookies who are named for round 1 and if the have a DPP it is a bonus.

I will have one exception in that I will definitely have a R/F DPP as added security for Berger this year. If one of McBean, Rowe, Sinclair play will be a bonus.

I also have a trading strategy as well hoping to have at least 8 trades going into finals. 8/10 trades to Round 10, 12 trades to Round 20 (includes bye rounds) and then remainder for finals

tor01doc

I basically agree with that Rrrringo.

I will obviously wait for NAB form but if there are DPP's that can score even near a single positional guy, I will be all over the DPP as back up.

How about we ban the Bombers for a year?

justaverage

Having DPP links from round 1 will give you maximum flexibility with trades. I will be utilising them

fever

if you mould your team for dpp players you're probably doing it wrong imo. if you happen to put a solid squad together with some dpp links then good for you.