Wellingham potential

Started by turry17, February 08, 2013, 11:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turry17

What do you guys think of Wellingham as a pick in your forward line. Averaged 82 in a collingwood side where the ball is dominated by other players, should slot straight into the team. Could bump his average up to 90

Toga

Apparently might be used as a tagger for WCE so I'd be cautious. Still probably presents value for money, but I won't be getting him.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Toga on February 08, 2013, 11:33:47 AM
Apparently might be used as a tagger for WCE so I'd be cautious. Still probably presents value for money, but I won't be getting him.

+1 am hearing this as well, which is why people are thinking selwood might be a really good pick up

Ricochet

Yeh last reports are he might be used as a tagger so i would stay away.
Theres more thoughts on a thread from not long ago

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,70357.0.html

Hagebear

Yeh too many better forward line options this year. Just can't see him being a 90+ player.

The Mongoose

I think your best bet would be to wait and see how they're both used in the NAB cup.

The danger you run with either player during the season is that it's highly likely that both will be used as taggers at some point in time. The question you need to ask is how much time will each player spend in each role?

If I had to say either way, I'd argue that Selwood is a victim of his own success, and is far too valuable to WCE in that role. But it could easily go either way.

chaosAD

SydneyRox

Windigo

Like to see where he plays during NAB. But I'd be skeptical on his Dt output in a talent laden Eagles midfield.