Prize announced for DT this year

Started by LF, February 08, 2013, 04:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Major prize: $50,000 & double pass for the "Ultimate Grand Final Day" in 2013

Weekly prizes: Double pass to the game of the winner's choice (excluding Anzac Day and Finals), an AFL "Fantasy" Sherrin football and a $50 Merchandise pack

Early league creation prize: meet with an AFL Player & Champion Data expert to assist with picking your ultimate Fantasy Team

Eliminator prize: Double pass to the game of the winner's choice (excluding Anzac Day and Finals), an AFL "Fantasy" Sherrin football and a $50 Merchandise pack

Top weekly scorer season prize: Double pass for the "Ultimate Grand Final Day" in 2013

Holz

that top weekly scorer prize is appealing.

essentially you could pick a round like round 20.

and with 38 trades you could essentially work towards a 22 premium squad.

starting off with a mainly rookie squad and have like 2 mil in the bank and keep making money than round 10 onwards bring in the premos each round. you have 18 trades to do that so if you start of with only 10 premiums you should easily do it.

Nails

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on February 08, 2013, 04:30:45 PM

starting off with a mainly rookie squad and have like 2 mil in the bank and keep making money than round 10 onwards bring in the premos each round. you have 18 trades to do that so if you start of with only 10 premiums you should easily do it.
Hadn't even thought of that. Could we find 22 rookies that will play tho?

kilbluff1985

so they got rid of the 1k weekly prize? man that sucks

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on February 08, 2013, 05:38:53 PM

they dont need to play from round 1 you just need guys that will play over the first 10 rounds. Get some mid pricers too im thinking byrnes varcoe embley ball etc...

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on February 08, 2013, 05:41:22 PM

they dont need to play from round 1 you just need guys that will play over the first 10 rounds. Get some mid pricers too im thinking byrnes varcoe embley ball etc...
just had a little bit of a play around.

TEAM NAME: Making Money Throwin Hundreds
DEF: B. Gibbs, C. Howard, N. Vlastuin, J. Pittard, J. Thurlow, S. Docherty (J. Prudden, D. Terlich)
MID: S. Pendlebury, B. Stanton, M. Murphy, M. Barlow, A. Carrazzo, N. Fyfe, D. Mundy, L. Ball (A. Embley, K. Lucas)
RUC: C. Pedersen, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Knights, T. Varcoe, S. Byrnes, B. Macaffer, B. Staker (J. Growden, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $896,500

Went with rooks and underpriced players. Obviously gonna struggle early but say after 3 price jumps by RD6-7 you would be able to start upgrading.

Think I'd need more rooks in the midfield though

Nails

With 44 trades, you wouldn't really even need to start with the rooks, start a normal-ish team and keep trading just to earn money...

Grannyboy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2013, 05:40:07 PM

How much are gf tickets worth on ebay? :P

I like the $50k rather than the FJ or similar I imagine most of the winners would trade in anyway.

Grannyboy

I tried that a couple of years ago in sportal ff, it worked quite well and I had some huge scores late in the season. I even won my league from 7th place I think. I would start with a few more guns in my team in hindsight, about 12 or so.
I did notice people targeted specific rounds last year especially on the bye rounds as 6 teams were out. They just stacked the guns from the teams that were playing. No doubt it will happen again this year.

owenbond007

I'm going to enjoy that 50k. Any thoughts on what I should spend it on?

Andrew

Quote from: Grannyboy on February 08, 2013, 07:38:48 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 08, 2013, 05:40:07 PM

How much are gf tickets worth on ebay? :P

I like the $50k rather than the FJ or similar I imagine most of the winners would trade in anyway.

As much as I hate the banks, I'm glad that if pigs flew and I won the main prize, I wouldn't be rewarded with one of the ugliest and fuel-guzzling cars on the market :P

I'm sure the GF tickets are non-transferable, but why you'd want to give that prize away when you're also loaded with cash to spend in Melbourne I don't know! Ah, it really is DREAM team...