Main Menu

DT elite strategy

Started by westyuno, January 31, 2013, 02:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westyuno

Hi guys,

I'm going to be in a draft league this year and am just wanting some advice on strategy for drafting which positions when? 

I know it's complex, but I am thinking at this stage that with a banzai draft system (22 players) the top 2 picks must draft mids (swan, ablett) then forwards, rucks and backs due to lack of depth in those positions.  Drafting three premo rucks could also prove handy for trading.

Does anyone have any experience in draft league games, and if so, what strategy would you adopt?

Cheers in advance!

upthemaidens

Alot depends on whos available when its your pick.  It would be quite hard to get 3 premium ruck , but it is a tactic.
   What generally happens is the first round of picks are the best Mids (possibly someone like Franklin,goddard etc. might be taken in the first round)  i.e if you have the double pick you may take the 10th best Mid. and then the best forward etc.
  ... And yes Swan and Ablett will almost certainly be picks 1 and 2 (probably followed by Pendles).

Artax

I am going with a similar strategy.

10 man league if my first pick is in the top 7/8 I will take a mid but if I slip down and end up with picks 9 & 12 or 10 & 11 I will probably take Cox & Maric. 3 premo rucks will be a stretch but I can see the guys I am playing with gobbling up midfielders without thinking of the big picture