Carlton Intra-club

Started by Ricochet, February 06, 2013, 12:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: Nails on February 07, 2013, 11:04:56 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 07, 2013, 12:29:19 AM
Haha yeh your not wrong. What do you think he'll go this year? I reckon 105 is pretty safe.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Brock&surname=McLean&year=2012

looking at his number, he really only had 3 bad scores... could definitely go 110

I think 106 is looking about right

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon2 on February 07, 2013, 12:17:48 PM
Haha yeh your not wrong. What do you think he'll go this year? I reckon 105 is pretty safe.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/year.php?firstname=Brock&surname=McLean&year=2012

looking at his number, he really only had 3 bad scores... could definitely go 110

Yeh i agree with 105-110. My only concern is it was a messed up year for Carlton mids with Carrots and Murphy going down, and with the whole team basically going to shower. When all are fit where does he fit in? and under Miick, where does he fit in?

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on February 07, 2013, 12:21:53 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on February 07, 2013, 12:17:48 PM

Yeh i agree with 105-110. My only concern is it was a messed up year for Carlton mids with Carrots and Murphy going down, and with the whole team basically going to shower. When all are fit where does he fit in? and under Miick, where does he fit in?
Kruezer, Judd, Murphy

wings: Simpson and Gibbs

Mclean running across half-back through mids, rotating with Gibbs?

Nails

McLean should destroy... He was like 5th in the B&F? He was close to winning it apparently and he only played half the season! He is reaching a prime dream team age and should destroy it. He showed in his last 7 or so that he can average high premium numbers and should be a good POD. He won't get tagged like Murphy which could restrict Murphy to score less than McLean. McLean will be free to run amok and amass huge scores

To those who prefer Murphy and say why have McLean when you can have Murphy?

To you I say:

Ziplock

hmmmm.

so, mclean who's posted a 100+ average in half a season...

or murphy who's several years younger and has posted 100+ averages 3 times in his career already....

Nails

Dream team is all about form really. You can have a couple good seasons but it doesn't prove you'll be great next year. Especially when you finished the season like a p.o.s.

Keep in mind, Murphy had better scores in earlier seasons but Judd and co. copped the tags. Now Murphy is probably their No.1 mid and he'll take the tags. He'll be a victim of his previous 100+ seasons.

Ziplock

murphy got injured- he was averaging premium and  ::)copped tags all season, but after he hurt his shoulder he struggled to break them as easily.

as for end of season form- load of shower, means nothing. There's 6 months between  the last HA and first HA: they say a week's a long time in football, half a year is a lot longer.

Nails

They don't call him Marc "Not As Good as Brock" Murphy for nothing.

Hope our disputes here don't affect our XVs trading Zip :o :P Our offer is easily best :-X

EDIT: The two games prior to Murphy's injury he scored 94 and a poultry 68.

Ziplock

the 68 was against the saints- and as I've said repeatedly, don't even field murphy against the saints.

azza707

pretty sure Murphy went in for post knee and hip surgery i think (cant remember) to have a few things cleaned up. could have been playing the last bit of the season in a bit of pain if that was the case and could have led to his scores suffering potentially.

Also muprhy has copped the no.1 tag before. now he is playing under MM and we all know how well his midfielders scored even though being tagged still. Wouldnt write murphy off just yet. hes a no.1 draft pick for a very good reason. Ignore him at your own peril i say. However, will be monitoring him extremely closely in NAB due to his limited pre season.