Main Menu

Stadium Checklist

Started by Toga, February 11, 2013, 11:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Ringo

Quote from: T Dog on February 12, 2013, 12:39:24 PM
This thread brings back memories of some great Victorian footy grounds / ovals I used to be taken to.
We don't have facilities like these anymore.... :'(

Waverley Park / VFL Park
Glenferrie Oval
Victoria Park
Arden Street
Junction oval
Princes Park
Kardinia Park
Lake Oval

8)
Forgot Arden Street my very first AFL game as can be seen from coaches interview - Nice Ground at the time.

Cruiseon

Some very good lists.

Like many I've got my general collection here in Australia but I'll just add my outside of Australia stadiums which include:

Wembley UK
Twickenham UK
San Siro Italy
Bernabeu Spain
Allianze (Bayer Munich) Arena 
Old Trafford UK
Highbury UK
Arsenal Emirates UK
Stamford Bridge UK
Craven Cottage UK
Majeski Stadium UK
Various Greek Olympic stadiums including the Athletcis stadium

Do cricket grounds count? If so I'll add Lords, The Oval, Old Trafford and Edgebaston.

Toga

Some interesting lists guys!

Looks like the UK is the most popular sporting destination outside of Oz for FF members!

Capper

Im actually debating whether to go over to NZ to see the swans v saints game and a Rugby game as well

13Brummy

TIO Stadium
Traeger Park
AAMI Stadium
Adelaide Oval
The Gabba
Etihad Stadium
One of SCG/ANZ stadium (too young to remember)

None outside Aus... :(

elephants

Subiaco
MCG
WACA
NIB Stadium (Glory!)

Gotta be the G. We almost got into Etihad but they wouldn't let us in because my mate was smashed haha.

Mr.Craig

I got lost in Wellington and walked past Basin Reserve. Does that count? :-\

Hawka

Ive been to

MCG - AFL and Cricket
Eithad - AFL and Soccer
AAMI Park - Soccer(soon to be NRL)
Waverley - AFL as a young kid
AAMI staduim - AFL
Adelaide Oval - Cricket and Foo Fighters concert
Hindmarsh Stadium - Soccer (Adelaidee unittteeed)
SCG - AFL
Aurora Stadium - AFL
Belriivve oval - Cricket

Best was the G but all were good!

Pretty impressive list considering i lived in the country alot and im 18 today :D

Also hoping to add Goodison and Lords !

fidou

Quote from: Toga on February 12, 2013, 03:07:19 PM

Looks like the UK is the most popular sporting destination outside of Oz for FF members!
I suppose for the older guys on the sight the UK sports destinations would be that way as in the 60's, 70's and 80's, Oz had a very anglo influence with TV and Papers. Whereas now you cannot go an hour without the influence of American culture hence the younger crowd following gridion, baseball and ice hockey.

Hawka

Quote from: fidou on February 12, 2013, 09:08:10 PM

I suppose for the older guys on the sight the UK sports destinations would be that way as in the 60's, 70's and 80's, Oz had a very anglo influence with TV and Papers. Whereas now you cannot go an hour without the influence of American culture hence the younger crowd following gridion, baseball and ice hockey.
I prefer UK fan on NFL but thats about it

Cruiseon

Fidou I reckon that's partly correct but the EPL is 10 times more popular in Oz now than it was in the 80's & 90's. For me it was just that I lived in London for 8 years.

fidou

Quote from: Cruiseon on February 13, 2013, 02:33:23 PM

Fidou I reckon that's partly correct but the EPL is 10 times more popular in Oz now than it was in the 80's & 90's. For me it was just that I lived in London for 8 years.
Thats right about the EPL as the only soccer on TV when I was a kid was an hour on Monday Nights (on the ball) but I was referring more to TV as it was closer to what UKTV is atm.

Kellogscrunchynut

Attending:
Footy - MCG, Eithad
F1 - Albert Park
Moto GP - Phillip Island

Visiting: Panathenaic Stadium in Athens which has been around since the ancient times and was host to the 1st modern Olympic games in 1896.