Woosha on 6PR Sports

Started by Noz, February 05, 2013, 12:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Still don't think it will affect him too much. Should get a couple of NAB games to have a bit of a look at how he is.

Ricochet

Yeh might miss a bit of match simulated fitness over this month but honestly he'll do enough on the sidelines to keep up.

azza707

Darling into the midfield fulltime? lol you've got to be kidding me. maybe a few stints here or there like Franklin, but there is no way in hell WCE can afford to move Darling into the middle. With no Lynch now, their forward targets include Kennedy and one of Nic Nat/Cox, not to mention that Nic Nat is underdone/could miss start of the season. WOuldnt take any note of that whatsoever. think he is just training there to improve his skills/fitness base maybe so he can help chase better (even though he is already very good at it) and lock the ball in the fwd50

Holz

Quote from: azza707 on February 07, 2013, 05:49:12 PM
Darling into the midfield fulltime? lol you've got to be kidding me. maybe a few stints here or there like Franklin, but there is no way in hell WCE can afford to move Darling into the middle. With no Lynch now, their forward targets include Kennedy and one of Nic Nat/Cox, not to mention that Nic Nat is underdone/could miss start of the season. WOuldnt take any note of that whatsoever. think he is just training there to improve his skills/fitness base maybe so he can help chase better (even though he is already very good at it) and lock the ball in the fwd50

lecras is back but yeah i expect they cant afford to have him in the mids.

The_Captain

You only need 2 big targets mate. With blokes like lecca, nico, hill and more than likely embers and wellingham on flanks there is plenty of power for rotations. Backkkkkkkk to the books...

azza707

Quote from: noto07 on February 07, 2013, 06:15:41 PM

You only need 2 big targets mate. With blokes like lecca, nico, hill and more than likely embers and wellingham on flanks there is plenty of power for rotations. Backkkkkkkk to the books...

Lol. okay then so if Nic Nat doesnt play the first few rounds, or is extremely unfit due to limited pre season you're going to have Kennedy forward full-time with Cox in the ruck. WC need Darling at CHF. You could play Lycett and rest him forward, but id much rather be kicking to Darling up forward. Why the hell would you play arguably your best forward in the midfield when 1) you have limited options there at the moment at this point in time and 2) you have so many midfielders as it is.

Also you tell me to go back to the books, but yet you list Nicoksi, Josh Hill, Lecras as targets when we are talking about KPP's. I like Josh Hill as a medium forward, but the others lol? you may as well chuck ashton hams at FF at a whopping 174cm. Im sure he'll provide your teams with lots of contested marks I50.

Noz

West Coast youngster Fraser Mcinnes may get some game time next year if they plan on pushing Darling up the ground a bit more. Mcinnes currently stands at 197cm

elephants

LeCras plays quite tall, think you're discounting him a bit.

azza707

Quote from: elephants on February 08, 2013, 01:14:06 AM
LeCras plays quite tall, think you're discounting him a bit.

Yeah understandable. I think him and porps are one of the best medium forwards in the comeptition when fit. so hard to match up on and so good overhead. However as a crows fan, i would be quite worried if we were only lining up Tex and porps as our main forward targets for example. You need tall options, and if WCE were going to put in a really strong performance to make top 4 theyre gonna need Darling upfront no doubt about it.

elephants

Yeah, I do agree. Honestly, I reckon Darling is training with mids as he's just that beastly. Probably has the aerobic capacity ofa lot of the quality runners at our club.

In a game where versatility appears vital, the ability to smash through the mids like Pavlich used to is a lovely string to add to Darlings bow, even if its only done 10% of the time. I agree we need Nic Nat back before we get too adventurous with our forward line though!

It's comforting as an Eagles man to know that if we're being beaten around the stoppages we could in coming years throw big Jack into the guts!