Forward Strategies

Started by NFI Police, February 03, 2013, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFI Police

I know its very early on and a ball hasnt been bounced yet but have hardly seen any specking around rookies in the forward line. To me it looks very thin down there besides Tom Lee (who if picked round 1 has GC,Richmond and GWS) to start the year and hopefully will cash up.

Im thinking the best strategy this year is premium up your forward line and make your cash in the mids and backs for your rookies. O'meara,viney and crouch seem to be mentioned in every team (although I seek crouch as a Kermit this year in a strong Adelaide midfield) and there seem to be about 5 or 6 in the backline people are keen on.

Any thoughts around this?

kilbluff1985

yeah i like stacking the forward line but depends which rookies get named round 1 for my strategy so cant say

SydneyRox

exactly right about the rookies. one of the problems i am finding is fwds this year, there isnt a lot of depth, especially when you talk cobsistency

My Chumps

Yeah it's definitly a worry!
Mcaffer seems to be one in most teams but I'm really not sure if he'll break into, and consolidate, a spot in Collingwood's team.
I've spent a little extra and got Stringer in there at the moment as I think he should get early (and plenty of) games for the Doggies. Outside of he and Lee there isn't too much to get excited about. I think I may be going with Mid pricers up forward with the likes of Varcoe, Byrnes, maybe Lecras and (if they make a miracle recoveries) Bock and Grey.

As for premiums up forward, I've currently got nothing but M/F's: Rockliff, Daisy, Martin, Christensen...

kilbluff1985

Quote from: My Chumps on February 03, 2013, 01:21:00 AM
Yeah it's definitly a worry!
Mcaffer seems to be one in most teams but I'm really not sure if he'll break into, and consolidate, a spot in Collingwood's team.
I've spent a little extra and got Stringer in there at the moment as I think he should get early (and plenty of) games for the Doggies. Outside of he and Lee there isn't too much to get excited about. I think I may be going with Mid pricers up forward with the likes of Varcoe, Byrnes, maybe Lecras and (if they make a miracle recoveries) Bock and Grey.

As for premiums up forward, I've currently got nothing but M/F's: Rockliff, Daisy, Martin, Christensen...

Daisy wont be right for round 1

tbagrocks

Is why i'm tempted to go with Varcoe and Knights, JJ Kennedy is also an option

But I would expect some bolters for round one, Mayes? B Kennedy? Menzel? There is more! The players are there it's a matter of how the teams see them

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 03, 2013, 01:51:45 AM
Is why i'm tempted to go with Varcoe and Knights, JJ Kennedy is also an option

But I would expect some bolters for round one, Mayes? B Kennedy? Menzel? There is more! The players are there it's a matter of how the teams see them

yeah very true always a couple of unexpected guys that break into teams for whatever reason

tkringle

Macaffer can seriously play guys. Forget top 22, he's in the pies top 15 if he can recapture his form of 2010. He is exactly the type of player the pies forward line is missing

Lock him in!

Jay

If I was going to stack a line it would be the forwards but dont go over board as not all of the backline rookies will be there for round 1 so you want to have 4 premiums there IMO

quinny88

Going wayyyy to early with the panic of rookies yet guys. It's the same every year at this time. We have no idea until the nab cup starts. Forward line could end up being the strongest looking rookie line once we see the young talent showcased in the nab

dmac07

Hardest line to pick as due to injuries I don't think there is too many premium locks either. Should be the best line for mid pricers though. I have just the 3 premiums, plus byrnes and stalker who should play every week. Not Mich after that other than lee right now.