guNS/ROOKIES /MID PRICERS

Started by bartyboys, December 22, 2012, 11:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartyboys

Is this the year not to play guns and rookies. few good scoring mid price options there !!

Hawks_1976

I actually think the opposite, it looks like a guns and rookies year to me.
Many of the players that we anticipated to get decent discounts didn't like LeCras and Ball.
Others are not likely to come up for R1 like Gray and Bock.

Perhaps share a few mid pricers you are considering for some more meaningful debate.

:)

bartyboys

i think if gray and bock dont come up or look the goods , then it would have to be a guns and rookies year.

A few mid prices.... varcoe, ball, embley, bock,  gray, atley

jimmytigs

i think in the ruck we will need leuey & 1 other mid pricer(pederson),as i wouldnt want 2 premiums & cant see 2 viable rookies,& i think youve got a good point in the forward line,lecras updated price puts him out,but gray bock winderlich nicoski byrnes knights are all on my radar along with staker & macaffer,that might even be my 8 forwards,but backs & mids its premiums & rookies all the way,luke ball is a great gutsy player but hes a fantasy spud,he aint spudding up my midfield.Most of the 8 forwards i mentioned are also spuds but i will chance them against an erratic buddy & an aging chappy & pav,but i wont back ball against gaj pendles murphy cotchin goddard rockliff for dpp purposes or boyd rockliff if aylett comes up for gc.

The_Captain

Jimmy you will need luiey plus a premo mate. Don't kid yourself

basil3134

Great year for mid rookies and cheap defenders, and personally I have started to get less excited about those mid priced Forwards coming back from injury though Staker still looks a steal

basil3134

Quote from: basil3134 on January 02, 2013, 09:46:33 AM
Great year for mid rookies and cheap defenders, and personally I have started to get less excited about those mid priced Forwards coming back from injury though Staker still looks a steal

To round things off its seems a bad year for rookie forwards

shorty3264

Quote from: basil3134 on January 05, 2013, 01:01:43 AM

I found this too, not a heap of rookie forwards out there of quality. Ben Newton....possibly a handy option for something different on the bench.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: shorty3264 on January 05, 2013, 01:03:55 AM
Quote from: basil3134 on January 05, 2013, 01:01:43 AM

I found this too, not a heap of rookie forwards out there of quality. Ben Newton....possibly a handy option for something different on the bench.

that's why i'll be starting 3 or 4 rookie defenders and stacking the forwards with premos reckon about 5 rookie defenders will get named round 1 :)

bartyboys

SydneyRox

same as the last few years, guns and rookies. but with the extra trades, picking 1or 2 mid pricers will also be normal