pop my cherry and rate my team

Started by bridge777, January 29, 2013, 08:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge777

Never had my team rated and need help this year. Please have a look at my team and provide feedback:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Hanley, H. Hartlett, N. Bock, J. Pittard (S. Docherty, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, N. Fyfe, A. Embley, T. Menzel, B. Goodes, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: B. McEvoy, M. Leuenberger (S. Rowe, D. Currie)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, C. Sylvia, R. Gray, S. O'hAilpin (B. Macaffer, B. Staker)
CASH LEFT: $110,000

Windigo

Not a fan of the 4 premo back line with a mid pricer.  Money is probably better spent in other areas, namely your fwd line.

Gray won't play round one so I'd maybe downgrade Bock to a rookie like Thurlow?

Maybe Gray>Bynres,Knights or Varcoe?

Sylvia is in the rehab group so wait and see what the go is with him before committing.

I also reckon you need another premium mid. But it's not a complete necessity with Fyfe & Embers there. But it'd be good.  :D

Mr.Craig

Not sure about popping your cherry but I can pop your bubble about Gray, he won't play until April/May. Not sold on O'hAilpin, Goodes will need to get elevated and Bock/Menzel still have some work to do to be fit and selected Round 1. Other than that, it's a good team. :)

I'd suggest downgrading Bock, moving Staker to the backs, upgrading Gray to a premium and downgrading O'hAilpin to a rookie or finding the money to turn him into Knights, Varcoe or Byrnes.

Capper

Pretty much Windi and MR Craig have nailed it, but on a positive side i like the selection of McEvoy.

He has a nice draw to start with and should score well

Jukes

Another sheep who just locks in Swan and Ablett without thought :P

Backs: 8/10
Mids: 8.5/10
Rucks: 8.1/10
Forwards: 8.4/10
Overall: 8.25/10

I'd prefer Cloke and Byrnes to Sylvia and Gray, and Mayes over o'Hailpan. How much help with being able to swap two spud rookies between lines give you?

bridge777

Thanks for the help guys. I have changed my team slightly and will probably hold off till NAB cup....or most likely change it 100 more time until NAB cup.

New team:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Hanley, H. Hartlett, J. Pittard, J. Thurlow (S. Docherty, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, J. Redden, M. Murphy, N. Fyfe, A. Embley, B. Goodes, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: B. McEvoy, M. Leuenberger (S. Rowe, D. Currie)
FWD: D. Cox, T. Rockliff, B. Whitecross, D. Martin, C. Knights, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, C. Cameron)
CASH LEFT: $17,700

Windigo

WhiteX did his ACL and will be out for like the start of the season+some.

I'd revise that.  ;)

bridge777

fail. probably why i hadnt heard anyone talk him up yet. might as well put in tippett, harvey and scotland while im at it.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: bridge777 on January 30, 2013, 04:22:36 PM
fail. probably why i hadnt heard anyone talk him up yet. might as well put in tippett, harvey and scotland while im at it.

lol