Guns n Midpricer team vs Guns n Rooks team

Started by Football Factory, January 12, 2013, 12:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Funny you bumped this because it's exactly what I was struggling with today.

Robinson/Rookie vs Siposs/Byrnes
Murphy/Rookie vs Ball/Embley

Then there's the possible great cheapo picks like Horlin-Smith, J.Simpkin and T.Young...

Officially I'm up to the 33rd draft of my team but in reality I've played around with hundreds of different combinations. When the music stops in Round 1 I just hope I sit down in the right chair.

Dutchie64

It is an interesting concept and no way to say which way is the best way.......as Mr. Craig said:

"I hope I sit in the right chair when it all starts"....... :D

Personally I have gone for a G+R in the backs and mid (bar Embley...he's too good to pass up in my opinion) but in the forward line I have definately gone for the mid-priced options

At this stage I only have 2 premo's in my forward line as I believe the rookies in the fwds might not have the best JS and at the end of the day it is all about point scoring and if your rooks are not playing (or sporadically) then they are not making you cash either.

So, I suppose what I'm saying is that a combination of the two strategies can be done in the one team ;)

Great thread FF

Football Factory

Quote from: Dutchie64 on February 23, 2013, 01:31:50 PM
It is an interesting concept and no way to say which way is the best way.......as Mr. Craig said:

"I hope I sit in the right chair when it all starts"....... :D

Personally I have gone for a G+R in the backs and mid (bar Embley...he's too good to pass up in my opinion) but in the forward line I have definately gone for the mid-priced options

At this stage I only have 2 premo's in my forward line as I believe the rookies in the fwds might not have the best JS and at the end of the day it is all about point scoring and if your rooks are not playing (or sporadically) then they are not making you cash either.

So, I suppose what I'm saying is that a combination of the two strategies can be done in the one team ;)

Great thread FF
Thanks Dutchie .. Im thinking a combo of the two .. guns n rooks and those Midpricers you cant ignore

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 22, 2013, 04:16:36 AM
Funny you bumped this because it's exactly what I was struggling with today.

Robinson/Rookie vs Siposs/Byrnes
Murphy/Rookie vs Ball/Embley

Then there's the possible great cheapo picks like Horlin-Smith, J.Simpkin and T.Young...

Officially I'm up to the 33rd draft of my team but in reality I've played around with hundreds of different combinations. When the music stops in Round 1 I just hope I sit down in the right chair.

Nice one Mr.Craig im hoping its a lazyboy   8)  Have tried just about every combo aswell lol. Ive got all of those players you have mentioned except Ball, not sure what's happening with him at the moment.

Andrew

This team would appeal to the fan of the mid-pricer strategy. Your thoughts?

Salary cap left: $21,100.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Dyson Heppell, Hamish Hartlett, Jasper Pittard, Sam Docherty
Lewis Stevenson, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Brent Stanton, Kieren Jack, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley, Oliver Wines, Kane Mitchell
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Tom Rockliff, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Arryn Siposs, Chris Knights, Travis Varcoe
Brent Macaffer, Tom Lee

nostradamus

l've got my own version, l really like it but not sure if l'd have the guts to go with it

B  Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Newman, Russell, Tambling.......Goodes, Pittard

M  Ablett, Pendles, S.Selwood, Fyfe, Moloney, Embley, Wines, Lonergan........O,Meara, Crouch

R  Griffin, Luey.......Gorringe, Currie

F  Zorko, Rockliff, N.Roo, Cloke, Varcoe, Byrnes......Macaffer, Lee

$51k leftover too

.......thoughts?

Football Factory

Quote from: Andrew on February 24, 2013, 03:16:32 AM
This team would appeal to the fan of the mid-pricer strategy. Your thoughts?

Salary cap left: $21,100.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Dyson Heppell, Hamish Hartlett, Jasper Pittard, Sam Docherty
Lewis Stevenson, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Brent Stanton, Kieren Jack, Luke Ball, Andrew Embley, Oliver Wines, Kane Mitchell
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Jarrod Witts

Tom Rockliff, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown, Arryn Siposs, Chris Knights, Travis Varcoe
Brent Macaffer, Tom Lee
Looks alright apart from the forward line,  JS is good just not sure how it would score from week to week before you upgraded.

Quote from: nostradamus on February 24, 2013, 02:04:39 PM
l've got my own version, l really like it but not sure if l'd have the guts to go with it

B  Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Newman, Russell, Tambling.......Goodes, Pittard

M  Ablett, Pendles, S.Selwood, Fyfe, Moloney, Embley, Wines, Lonergan........O,Meara, Crouch

R  Griffin, Luey.......Gorringe, Currie

F  Zorko, Rockliff, N.Roo, Cloke, Varcoe, Byrnes......Macaffer, Lee

$51k leftover too

.......thoughts?

Looks pretty good .. JS is its strong point, i guess thats the reason behind midpricer teams .. these two teams take the midprice theory a little further than the team i posted earlier .. maybe a little too far in the sense that if it fails its a long road back.

Football Factory

How about this one ?

Andrew

Not that many midpricers :P But yeah in response to your earlier comment, my forward line is looking a bit lean. Considering Robbo/Martin but both have tough starts to the year. Zorko tempts me more, but is more expensive.

Football Factory

Quote from: Andrew on February 25, 2013, 04:36:58 PM
Not that many midpricers :P But yeah in response to your earlier comment, my forward line is looking a bit lean. Considering Robbo/Martin but both have tough starts to the year. Zorko tempts me more, but is more expensive.
Yes but you dont want to take it too far, imo 5-6 midpricers is plenty