Cash Leagues & stuff

Started by Obese Arachnid, January 19, 2013, 12:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obese Arachnid

Hello Gentelmans & ladies?

I've only been a cash league player. So I set my team one or two mids short per year.
As we all know cash is in the mids. It's a very simplistic method that has done well in the past for me.

First question I ask is, Why isn't a cash league strategy talked more of here?

Secondly, is it because, starting one or two short in the mids is the answer?

Thirdly everyone is saying DPP isn't as important this year. How is that? In the past you would take a few rookies in the mids.
Rookies don't play as often/no JS.

Now we have 8 mids but still two bench spots.

Last year we had 6 mids & two bench spots.

I still think DPP is important.

youl_R_FCK

2 trades a week might be the reason why mate haha

Obese Arachnid

Yep I guess it could be as simple as that.

Although I'll be looking for them, as long as it doesn't compromise the side too much/if at all.

kilbluff1985

SC does not have 2 trades a week it has 30 trades only DT has 2 trades a week

upthemaidens

Quote from: youl_R_FCK on January 19, 2013, 03:56:36 PM
2 trades a week might be the reason why mate haha
2 trades a week is in DT, not SC

Obese Arachnid

Correct guys, I missed that.

So Maidens or KB what is your take on a cash league strategy.

Also is it something that doesn't get discussed because....?

upthemaidens

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on January 19, 2013, 10:15:18 PM
Correct guys, I missed that.

So Maidens or KB what is your take on a cash league strategy.

Also is it something that doesn't get discussed because....?
Going for league is pretty easy stategy , basically you use as few trades as possible while still winning atleast half ya games. Make sure you make top 8 (if ya can top 4 even better).  Also remembering theres no difference from finishing 1st or 4th, or 5th and 8th (no home ground advantage)
  Try to have enough trades to double trade for the last 3 weeks leading into finals, and keep 6 for the finals (8 would be ideal of course). This only applies to SC, since DT will have unlimited trades anyhow.
  If you find yourself struggling after 4 weeks into the season, you will  have to trade to win games.
Another thing is to study your upcoming opponant and see if you need to trade to win or make a "unique" Captain choice to try and win a game were you are the underdog.  When you are the better team and the favourite, try to avoid trading that week and play the "safe" Captain choice.
  Also another thing is to check the draw and see where your harder games are and plan around it i.e. if you have a bunch of "easier" games , you may want to avoid trading during that time.
  When picking a starting team for League, I dont think its good to go "unique". I would suggest play the "safe" choices i.e. Watson over Stanton etc.
  So yeah hope that helps in anyway..  I for one will be going for overall and trading hard and fast ;D  , much more fun....

Obese Arachnid

Cheers Maidens.

Yep that is pretty much what I do, except as i say, stay at least one premo short in the mids.

I guess I'm too much of a tightwad to risk my cash league for a very small chance of winning $50k. The last couple of years I've averaged just under $1k. I could play for 50 yrs & not win SC quite easily.

I like my easy money come finals time! :P

Mykonos FC

wouldn't you treat it just like normal h2h... With the aim of winning.