Dangerfield to be more of a FWD!

Started by lazarel, January 21, 2013, 03:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: meow meow on January 21, 2013, 08:18:32 PM
My point was that Danger is the best burst midfielder since early Judd and 2008 Cooney and he is irreplaceable in the Crows midfield. Rocky is just another hard working midfielder and easily replaced, so moving him out of the mids wouldn't destroy the team structure as it would with Adelaide/Dangerfield. The Crows simply cannot move Danger out of there without ruining their midfield.
Spot on mate!

This wasn't a quote, it was another stupid journalist making mountains out of mole hills

By reports Danger is working on his engine but so are the rest of the team, some players like the big three, Sloane, Thommo and Danger will run out the year much better ;)

Core fittness this pre-season after weights and muscle last!

quinny88

Think Adelaide would like to clone Dangerfield and have one at full forward and one in the guts lol

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on January 21, 2013, 08:48:50 PM
Think Adelaide would like to clone Dangerfield and have one at full forward and one in the guts lol
I remember Craig saying Dangerman will be the clone of an AFL footballer for the next ten years

I would play the second Paddy at half forward, use his power to pounce, could he exel at ff? Maybe, probably, but truly his calling is to bust packs open 8)

He does fairly well forward but it's not natrual to him

theta

Quote from: meow meow on January 21, 2013, 08:18:32 PM
My point was that Danger is the best burst midfielder since early Judd and 2008 Cooney AGREE and he is irreplaceable in the Crows midfield AGREE. Rocky is just another hard working midfielder DISAGREE and easily replaced DISAGREE ,
Not to get off track too much, but Rocky averaged 113sc in his second season (if we dont count the 1 game in 2009), so who knows what he could have averaged in his third if not pushed forward....125?  Yeah Danger is a better player, but rocky isnt that far behind him.
Quote...so moving him out of the mids wouldn't destroy the team structure as it would with Adelaide/Dangerfield. The Crows simply cannot move Danger out of there without ruining their midfield.
No doubt it would ruin their midfield, but IMO Adelaide's midfield is stronger than Brisbane's, and could more-easily handle losing Dangerfield in 2013, than Brisbane to lose Rocky in 2012 (even more-so with Leuie going down).

shorty3264

There is no way Dangerfield will move out of the midfield, he's close to an elite midfielder, and will become that this year.