Main Menu

Pav ponders captaincy

Started by valkorum, January 18, 2013, 12:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1727798/Freos-Pavlich-ponders-AFL-club-captaincy

QuoteDockers AFL skipper Matthew Pavlich says Matt de Boer and Hayden Ballantyne are among a host of players who could take over as captain when he steps down.

anchorman

My thoughs lead me to maybe Mundy,but not sure he handles the press all that well.
I thought a few years ago that Nick Suban held all the aces as to being a leader of our club,but sadly injury has almost made his position at the club  shaky.
I thin that Matt deBoer has all the right credential for the leadership role.He leads well on the field.Seems to have the respect of the other team members.And from what I have seen he has no problems speaking to the media.At this stage he looks a good choice.
I think that Fyfe will one day lead the club.He seems to have all the attributes to do so.
But they will be big boots to fill who ever does take the reigns.

nrich102

Yeah, Fyfe will be a leader one day

Jroo

Quote from: nrich102 on January 19, 2013, 10:47:06 PM
Yeah, Fyfe will be a leader one day
+ 1 would like to see Fyfe as captain.
What are your thoughts Valk, Pavlich to lead the Dockers for one more year? And do you reckon will take over

valkorum

Tough shoes to fill in taking over from Pav but I think it will come from one of these 3

DeBoer
Fyfe
Barlow

picker_man

Hayden Ballantyne what the ???

Adamant

I don't think Fyfe is ready yet, I actually think Barlow has a decent shot tbh.

valkorum

Quote from: picker_man on January 20, 2013, 02:00:36 AM
Hayden Ballantyne what the ???
Balla is a really good leader around the club

nrich102

Quote from: Adamant on January 20, 2013, 02:51:38 AM
I don't think Fyfe is ready yet.
Neither do I, but one day. Mundy probably doesn't have such a bad chance

Ricochet

de Boer will be the next captain

nrich102