$249.6k left. Where do I spend it?

Started by mb21, January 15, 2013, 08:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mb21

Rosston Celtics Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by mb21. Salary cap left: $249,600.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Jack Watts, Sam Docherty
Sam Colquhoun, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Marc Murphy, Andrew Embley, Oliver Wines, Brett Goodes, Brad Crouch, Tom Mitchell
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Aaron Sandilands, Matthew Leuenberger
Setanta O'hAilpin, Max Gawn

Lance Franklin, Tom Rockliff, Mitch Robinson, Colin Sylvia, Stefan Martin, Jake Stringer
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

$249.6k left. Where do I spend it?

Capper

i would use it to upgrade Embley to a prem mid.

Also Goodes is still on the Rookie list and may not start the season, watch this space

mezzoculo

If you look at other teams you'll see that most have at least four premium mids. That's the biggest one.
Downgrade Watts to a sub $140k rookie for some extra cash (not enough upside in that selection).
Also, Stringer may be eased into the season (see medical room article on club's website) so perhaps swap him for Mayes (130k).
Perhaps then downgrade Sylvia to Varcoe / Knights / Kennedy / Byrnes to get that last $100k.
Gawn won't be fit for the start of the season, too.
Keep Embley.

basil3134

You must upgrade your mids big time and as other posts have suggested reduce cost of Defence.

mb21

Rosston Celtics Fanplanner squad in the Dream Team competition coached by mb21. Salary cap left: $11,900.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Brett Goodes, Sam Docherty
Sam Colquhoun, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Matthew Boyd, Marc Murphy, Nathan Fyfe, Andrew Embley, Oliver Wines, Brad Crouch
Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney

Todd Goldstein, Matthew Leuenberger
Setanta O'hAilpin, Max Gawn

Lance Franklin, Tom Rockliff, Mitch Robinson, Stefan Martin, Sam Mayes, Brent Macaffer
Brent Staker, Tom Lee

Is my forward line too weak now?

Ricochet

That looks a lot better mb. I wouldn't worry too much about the fwd line
Maybe downgrade Macaffer to a 100k rook and then you can upgrade S.Martin to Sylvia