Main Menu

Australia vs Ireland?

Started by kilbluff1985, January 19, 2013, 09:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

was there meant to be a series in 2012? i don't remember hearing about it happening i thought it happened every year

this may be a stupid question lol

Adamant

Haha, you're not alone, I don't think they had one this year? :o

Sapientia

I thought it became a once every two yearly occurrence.

Nonetheless I'd love to see some rule/format changes as it's pretty clear that most Aussies believe the hybrid is biased in favour of the Gaelic game and most Irish believe the opposite (Having played footy for years and been a state gaelic football player I can absolutely guarantee that the hybrid is much more like AFL, for the record) - and for that reason fans can't engage. Maybe more experimentation with the rules would help in engaging the fans into what is a promising idea.

SydneyRox

I think the two main reasons people arent engaged is due to having to get to know a whole new game, including rules etc for a (normally) two games a year?
Then also, in general, its hard to generate interest when a few of the series have been one sided, and not picking our superstars means we need to learn the players as well.

BB67th

The series took a year off this year, but next year we are back in Ireland I think?

It is impossible to generate interest in it though, when we only play 2 games a year, but mostly when we pick a 4th rate team to play.