Good team? Rate out of 10 - leave feedback/criticism please....

Started by Lippa, January 21, 2013, 08:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lippa

TEAM NAME: 21.1.13
DEF: B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, S. Fisher, J. Gwilt, J. Pittard (B. Goodes, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Redden, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, A. Embley, J. Lonergan, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (L. McBean, J. Osborn)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, M. Wright, C. Knights, T. Varcoe, S. Byrnes (J. Stringer, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $26,100

Cheers in advance

Aussie8

Hey Mate,

I think Fisher is a very unique choice and will be one of those players that may/may not fire. I think Gwilt is an absolute waste, although unique he isn't a known dreamteam scorer and generally he takes one of the tall forwards.

I like your midfield, Mundy is a good inclusion in my opinion. And your rucks also look solid.

Forward line looks to have a few strong players with a mixture of risk from players such as knights, varcoe and byrnes. I would maybe look more towards Staker. Hope this gives you a little to think about.

Ash A

A good start. Personally, I thinkyour backline creates the problem of a rather weak forward line. Players such as fisher and Gwilt and possibly even broughton do not offer a significant enough point difference to rookies for the extra cash you spend. This then has run your bank dry in your forward line and lacks dt quality up front. I cant see Varcoe being useful in upgrading and knights and wright are risky. Like above staker would be sensible as would bock.
In the mids i dont see any point in starting the season with redden. Look to him as an upgrade due to both cost and his trend of starting slow despite their suitable draw. To free up some cash you could even look for ball as well to then make upgrades easily without losing to many points early.

A very sound team.

picker_man

Broughton offers great value imo could go 95+ at the Suns yeah risk involved as he may only go 80-85 but with DPP and a 400k price tag sees him sitting in my team. Not 100% keen on Birchall this year, will be first time in a long time i dont pick him get in Goddard instead ;) No value at all in Gwilt or Fiisher....

Redden is locked in alot of Dreamteams this yr and for good reason I wouldnt replace him!!

Varcoe offers great value for his price, and Wright is a good risk not a bad one..... Your fwds are fine but having all three of the mid pricers could make or break your 2013 season, having said that though you have 2 trades per week so its not that bad if thats the stratergy you take. Personally so its not as risky would let Byrnes go for Staker use the extra cash in the backs

So to sum it up  downgrade Byrnes to Staker and use extra cash to swap Birchall to Goddard. Then get rid of Gwilt for a rookie and upgrade Fisher to Grimes. Other then that looks solid 8)

Lippa

Cheers all,

will dive into the team take on bord ur suggestions.

I personally chose fisher cos goddard not there anymore and with saints easy start.

Fwd line is risky but like u say thats wot we have the 2 trades a week for..

thanks guys