2013 SuperCoach Player Profile: Ryan O'Keefe

Started by Jroo, October 24, 2012, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

ROK has lost his DPP in 2013  :'(
Quote“@Lumpy0305: Ryan O'Keefe loses his DPP status in '13. #afldreamteam #supercoach"”

Ricochet

Quote from: JROO8 on November 22, 2012, 09:48:16 AM
ROK has lost his DPP in 2013  :'(
Quote“@Lumpy0305: Ryan O'Keefe loses his DPP status in '13. #afldreamteam #supercoach"”
well thats just cancelled him out of consideration

quinny88

Probably wouldn't have started him anyway but its another blow.
Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Fyfe and now ROK all very high scoring fowards loosing dpp makes it a bit harder

Grazz

Bit of a blow, would of considered as a fwd with DPP now as a mid only kinda takes the shine off him for mine. We've lost some good mid/fwds for 2013. Rocky is starting to come under consideration again.

Adamant

Jay

SydneyRox

Cant see him being in the top5 mid scorers come year end, so will not make my team, which is hard since I have had him almost from the start every year for the last 5-6

Capper

Southstorm

Had ROK every year for the last four, this will be the first time without him I think. Not good but not great value at $550k and far better mid options for that price. Won't be considered for an upgrade either.

Sorry Ryan, you're still a top bloke though.

Jroo

My article on him for SCHQ

Ryan O'Keefe - Midfielder - $555,400 - Sydney
Even though Ryan O'Keefe will be 32 this season, he is still going strong and showing no signs of slowing down. He is one to be considered as a unique selection in your SuperCoach midfield after a brilliant 2012 season.

O'Keefe was on fire after overcoming groin problems

O'Keefe started the year slowly missing the first game, then scoring 21 SuperCoach points in his first game back (being subbed out) and it took him until round eight to break the SuperCoach ton. But after that he really started to fire up scoring 13 tons for the year and only scoring under 90 twice since round four. O'Keefe averaged 73 to round 7, but turned that around, averaging 116 for the rest of the home and away season.

A man for the big ocassion

O'Keefe continued his run of form with a huge finals series for the Swans averaging 137 SuperCoach points from 3 games and capped it off with the Norm Smith Medal in the Swans Grand Final win over the Hawks.

O'Keefe is a tackling machine ranking 2nd in the competition for total tackles and also ranking 17th for total disposals. He certainly knows where the goals are, booting 20 this year which makes him very valuable in SuperCoach! 

Ryan O'Keefe is a proven SuperCoach gun, not averaging below 90 SuperCoach points since 2005 and has only missed 3 games in that time showing O'Keefe is extremely durable.

O'Keefe would certainly make a good unique midfield choice and is underpriced due to his poor start to the year in 2012. With SuperCoach midfield spots being increased from 6-8, you can afford to take a risk or two and you could do a lot worse than O'Keefe.
The only thing concerning about O'Keefe is his age, he will be 32 next year and sooner rather than later his SuperCoach scores will start to decline, but he showed some great form towards the end of the year and if you think he can keep it up next year, than you would have to consider him in your SuperCoach side.

http://www.supercoachhq.com/16/post/2013/01/player-watch-ryan-okeefe.html

Capper

nice write uo JROO

ROK missed the NAB cup and R1 with a knee injury and probably should have had another week off as when he came back in R2 he was really underdone. It took him about 6 weeks to really start pumping out scores above 100.

If he can play R1 and stay injury free he is one to watch