Anyone in the know at north Melbourne?

Started by starz, January 11, 2013, 09:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

Last year I just went the pretty normal picks and it was pretty boring so this year I'm going a couple of uniques. But I want to make sure they are good. My first POD is.... JACK ZIEBELL. He ticks my two boxes that are being an inside mid and being in his 5th year. I don't question his scoring ability but rather is time on ground. Last year he averaged only 68% tog.

Just wondering if anyone knows if anything will change with his tog. Will it increase. Maybe he might spend some time up forward?any inside knowledge or whispers?
Cheers

NMFC97

Ziebell should experience more TOG this year. Last year a major question about Ziebell was his lack of endurance which resulted in him being subbed and coming off for numerous interchanges. Throughout the latter part of the year it was quite obvious this part of his game had been improved drastically. JZ had also come off a broken leg the year before which would have affected his running capabilities during the 2012 season. By all reports JZ is having an injury free preseason which means he can work on his engine even more. I see no reason why he'll get 68% tog during 2013.

basil3134

No doubt his TOG will improve, but with North's tough draw I don't think this isthe year to pick a Morth Melbourne mid

tbagrocks

North beat Geelong and Adelaide and can't remember of the top who else, you say tougher draw but they did flog those two teams, I don't resound to this whole tougher easier draw thing certainly not from a fantasy perspective anyway, if he's going to brealout he will score anyway

Footyrulz

zeibell is improving his indurance so he should spend alot more time on the ground. i think he is definately a viable breakout option. my only problem with him is that he went backwards last year, so all kangas fans are just waiting for him to become a star but not really sure when it will happen.

i reckon it could defeinately be a punt worth taking but i think there are probably other players that a re capable of reaching greater heights this year, especially in the midfield.

in reply to basil3124 (and lots of other people saying the same thing):

the draw does not matter in supercoach!! it might for specific players against either hard or weak teams but u would have to go through each player's scores from the last couple of seasons!

at the end of last year i got pearce hanley for an easy draw, but that was only because i went through all the games hed played against weak clubs and saw that hed dominated in all of them.

pls do NOT make conclusions without evidence. he might, in fact, play better against hard teams, just like gazza.

basil3134

I guess I am a bit biased because he burnt me last year, and of course he had an injury the previous year. In fact with boomer off the scene, there is an opportunity for a young roo to step up to be an X factor or inspirational player.

nas

Quote from: basil3134 on January 12, 2013, 02:55:05 AM
No doubt his TOG will improve, but with North's tough draw I don't think this isthe year to pick a Morth Melbourne mid

A Swallow?