is ziebell the dangerfield of 2013?

Started by starz, December 27, 2012, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NMFC97

I think a good alternative to JZ is Ben Cunnington. I'm a North supporter and feel he has the potential to have a massive season. Cunnington is coming into his 4th season, he averaged 95 over his last 8 games including 120 in a big elimination final against West Coast. He prides himself on the contest and tackles well. If Cunnington can raise his possession rate he will easily average 95+

tbagrocks

He looks good going forward, what about Bastainac?

Adamant

I think Ziebell is very overrated... he is touted to break out every year and never delivers. 2013 could be his year though...

My Chumps

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 05:08:30 AM
I think Ziebell is very overrated... he is touted to break out every year and never delivers. 2013 could be his year though...
Bit of a similiarity with Dangerfield? Many had predicted his breakout for the previous few years, but 2012 was his year...

Although I do agree, I'm really not sure about Ziebell. Especially as a pure mid.

tbagrocks

That's not really fair to Dangerman as Craig left hi as almost the main forward, Paddy played mostly forward in his first four years and the 2012 midfield time and breakout was inevitable, to us that knew what was going on especially crows fans paying attention ;)

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 09, 2013, 01:20:16 AM
That's not really fair to Dangerman as Craig left hi as almost the main forward, Paddy played mostly forward in his first four years and the 2012 midfield time and breakout was inevitable, to us that knew what was going on especially crows fans paying attention ;)

Yeah I think it was only a matter of time before Dangerfield went BANG!
Needed to work on his engine to play out full games in the midfield and he will only get better from now on.

Ziebell on the other hand has always been a midfielder. He just hasnt fully broken out yet. Could be his year but i wont be taking the risk on him

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 09, 2013, 01:20:16 AM

wasnt that because he didnt have the t ank to run out a full game as a mid?

tbagrocks

I suppose that's possible but just look at the guy, can you prove he wasn't just part of a needs process with the coach banking on Vince, Douglas, Thommo and VB with Reilly to run the midfield while playing the incredibly talanted Dangerman up forward?

Doubt his tank had much to do with it, speculate all you like but Paddy with a new coach was always going to play and star in the guts 2012 8)

Ziplock

can you prove otherwise? moot argument.

look how good danger has been this year-fact is, if he was able to beast the midfield like this last year, then he definitely would have been playing primarily mid as the crows starting falling over in 2011... he clearly played substantial mid time last year, since he was f/m this year, but it was well recognised by most people that the reason why he wasnt a pure mid, given his obvious skill, was his lack of tank- the reason given in most arguments against him this  time last season :S

Ziplock

it's a very common issue with young players.... one of the reasons greene was such a beast this year was because he has such a massive  tank.

danger obv. got over this problem.

Grazz

I don't think he had the engine, he could take a game apart for 5 -10 minutes then go missing sucking in air. That and Craig's loathing to put him in the mids, justifiably so maybe, is how i always saw him. Sanderson deserves a lot of the credit for getting him to do the work, they love him. Danger will get a lot better as his endurance builds. I was his biggest critic at one point, thought he was lazy and overrated tbh. Sanderson changed all that oh and Danger. :P

basil3134

North's horror draw surely negates any chance Ziebell will have of being the Dangerfield of2013. Now if they (North) had the same type of draw this year to last year then the break out might be possible

Ziplock

I dunno, dangers easy draw included gws + gc twice each, but he only averaged 70 against gws, although he did average 113 against gc.