rookie ruck dpp vs no rookie ruck dpp vs the odd donut

Started by jimmytigs, January 25, 2013, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmytigs

Im seeing with many peoples write ups they seem to place such an importance on the ruck dpp,just cant see it this year myself.I mean i can see the logic of say cox in forward line & ryder in ruck or nicnat if hes fit.But i cannot see any sense or benefit in putting a mcbean or rowe into your side just for dpp benefits when niether will be in any danger of getting a game.My thoughts are get 4 rucks & 8 forwards into your team that are playing rd 1,i feel that 2 prem dpp rucks is a waste of coin & playing guys who wont get a game is silly.If you get 4 rucks who play rd 1 you should be ok even if none are dpp,by the time 3 dont play in the same week you should be in a position where you can trade without squandering,id even think that sustaining a donut once or twice during the year is better than having a mcbean stinking up your squad-just a thought on something i see regularly & shake my head at,on other hand i do hope that guys who think like this end up in my leagues,because im sure they will be capable of other dumb thinking like all the dopes who made stanton(C)in the anzac day game last year when the loophole was there for all to use & stanton stunk big time

hawkers65

I have Rowe in my Rucks for cover if Sandi or Leuey go down and i can swing Cox into the rucks and Rowe onto my Fwd bench, but thats not it, he is also there for the captains loophole (If they decide to not lock in captains on the first lockout) which will come in very handy.

Ringo

Rookie rucks who play may be hard to find this year which is why imo having the r/f dpp in Rowe or McBean will assist if a short term injury occurs and save a trade. 

As Hawkers has said will also be ideal Captains loop hole if Captain not locked.

ronl

Agree entirely with Hawkers and Ringo.  Unnecessary trades and the "odd donut" will always come back and hurt you when you least expect it. 

Footyrulz

i can see where youre coming from mate but uve missed 1 vital peice of information!

the rookies in forwards are much better than rucks. that means, if u have the choice of playing say currie or staker, u would always choose staker.

u have the abillity to make that choice if u have mcbea/rowe in rucks and a r/f premium in your forwards..

in conclusion, unless 2 non r/f ruck rookies show that they can score better than forward rookies in NAB cup, get rowe or mcbean!!!!!

Mykonos FC

Quote from: Footyrulz on January 27, 2013, 05:18:25 PM
i can see where youre coming from mate but uve missed 1 vital peice of information!

the rookies in forwards are much better than rucks. that means, if u have the choice of playing say currie or staker, u would always choose staker.

u have the abillity to make that choice if u have mcbea/rowe in rucks and a r/f premium in your forwards..

in conclusion, unless 2 non r/f ruck rookies show that they can score better than forward rookies in NAB cup, get rowe or mcbean!!!!!
THIS! +1